Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scion TC

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Scion TC

ORIGINAL: red stangguy

Ok listen up those cars can be real fast cause they offer a superchargerinstalled by thethe toyota dealerships they bump that thing up too 200 hp.So don't get mad if one passes you buy.
i actually had one w/ a supercharger for a very short period of time. i got itfall of2005.first month it was fine. it was in and out of the toyota dealership numerous times for a period of 3 months until i just lemon lawed it. the motor was replaced once. the supercharger was replaced 3 times. pos TuRD s/c scion.

ya they can be upgraded to make decent numbers. when i was part of the scion forums the fastest trds/c scion tc on there dyno'd 250 hp to the wheels. turning up the boost, better pulleys, exhaust system, intake, headers, etc... etc.... still a TuRD though, lol.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Any chance it was that awfull pea green? I know we live close to each other and my 20somthin' neighbor directly across the street has a green one with a few "look at me" mods done to it.Man if it was him I am going to go knock on his door right now. I LOVE giving him a hard time. My 17yr old son drives a freekin neon ACR that aniahlates (sp) the scion (Neon 9.8 1/8th....Scion 13's), so the two of them have a bit of a pissin' contest going on. But he is the sort that would have jumped on a stang just to come and tell me about it. Any chance you might be going to Midway or Dorchester strips this summer (lowcountry is moving to Midway) I would really like to see you at the strip.

Ghost it was a silver one with a male driver and a female occupant. Also I have been to Cyprus Garden Road a couple times and enjoyed it. I have never raced though. Also I heard it's dangerous to go to Dorchester Dragway after dark.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

upgraded to 200HP and passing a GT???? The ones, non SC, were i live run mid 15's at the track, but they never ask to run against our stangs.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I was driving along w my gf one night. I had a long way to go and so I was cruising along at90-100. Felt real nice. I have 3.55s and I had 3000 rpm at 100. Beautiful. The highway was almost deserted. I came up on a Scion TC in the left lane. He moved right out of the way and I cruised past. But then he pulled in behind me and kept pace.He pulled up along side me and nodded.My gf says he wants to race, but I ignored him. He took off and I followed his lead. It was good to have a highway buddysharing the ticket risk. With 2 if us, we each had a 50/50 chance of not getting stopped if a Statey radaredus. Eventually he got along side me again, and my gf told me he wanted to race again.This was silly, soI justshifted to 4th and floored it, and left him waaaaaay behind. I slowed down andlet him pass. We cruised along and traded point a few times until we got to a toll booth. I pulled in behind him and he paid my toll! I thought that was real cool of him.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

I was driving along w my gf one night. I had a long way to go and so I was cruising along at90-100. Felt real nice. I have 3.55s and I had 3000 rpm at 100. Beautiful. The highway was almost deserted. I came up on a Scion TC in the left lane. He moved right out of the way and I cruised past. But then he pulled in behind me and kept pace.He pulled up along side me and nodded.My gf says he wants to race, but I ignored him. He took off and I followed his lead. It was good to have a highway buddysharing the ticket risk. With 2 if us, we each had a 50/50 chance of not getting stopped if a Statey radaredus. Eventually he got along side me again, and my gf told me he wanted to race again.This was silly, soI justshifted to 4th and floored it, and left him waaaaaay behind. I slowed down andlet him pass. We cruised along and traded point a few times until we got to a toll booth. I pulled in behind him and he paid my toll! I thought that was real cool of him.
Paid your toll!? How nice of him! You're lucky, I spanked an eclipse and all I got was a big snot spit on me as he did a ricer flyby.