Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you rate your Stangs????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Default How do you rate your Stangs????

Hey from the classic section. I currently own a 66 coupe and hope to own a new stang in the near future. Unsure if I will get the V6 w/pony package or a GT, depends on $$$ issues.

I figured you guys would be better than cutsomer reports to get a rating/satisfaction reporton the 05-07 Mustangs. How is everything from maintenace / repairs / mileage etc??

Thanks for any inputon the FUTURE purchase.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How do you rate your Stangs????

If you decide to get the V6, don't get the pony package. I like the GT light better. You can just have those installed. If you can afford, a GT would be nice too! I think they are both great cars! I have a V6 and I think it's the best car out there in it's class. I would like the power of a GT, but for now I've had no complaints. Mine is an 2005 and so far the only issue I've had is the gas tank filling problem which I'm sure you've heard of. Which Ford has a TSB for and I got it replaced. Every car has it's minor issues though. Great car all around! If anything, buy an used GT for a good price you can afford
Old 05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

I have an 06 GT with Auto and the premimuim package. As far as classics go I feel the car is a instant classic. Love the power and retro throw back styleing. My only complaint is the fit and finish leave a bit to be desired. I have a few creaks and such Don't let those small things tur you away though it is a great car and a hell of a lot of fun to drive. So far I have a little over 9k miles on my stang with no issues. I have had it in the shop 3 times for a oil change and 1 time to rotate the tires. Don't count consumer reports out however. They rated my last car a nightmare and they were correct. I made sure to read consumer reports before I got my GT. Also consumer reports rates the gt better then the V6 for reliability.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

If you can, spring for the GT. I have owned a 69 Fastback and a 67 Coupe before. You will love this thing.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

I have a 2005 GT and i love it, i got it used for about 22k and it is badass. Before i had this i was driving a 2005 Subaru WRX (not STi) and it doesnt even compare. There is not 1 thing i dont like about it, never had a problem with it. Get the GT!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

you will be happy with either the 6 or 8. i've had no complaints about my 6 and i've loved it from day 1. plenty of power,it's the fastest car of 2007in the sub 20k category andi'll bet that'll continuefor years to come.and we all know about the looks, don't even really need to mention it.spring for whichever one fits your budget. one complaint isalot of people wish the interrior could've been better from the factory, but that's about it.

how would i rate my stang? i'd rate it as awesome!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I love my 2005. I had a 69 Mustang as a teenager, and couldn't wait to get a new one. There are a few issues but overall its a $28-30,000 muscle car thats looks great.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

I don't want to make your decision difficult, but I really like my V6. Yes, there's more power in a GT. But, for a daily driver in the snow belt, I think the V6 is the way to go. I made sure to get TCS and ABS.

It just so happened that it came with the Pony Package, which is not just a goofy looking spoiler and the smallish fog lights. It also includes suspension and wheel upgrades, and I don't think that should be glossed over.

The Interior Upgrade Package - also something I didn't ask for, but got anyways - was a nice touch. Much better looking interior trim and floor mats.

This V6 is easily equal - or superior - to my 94 GT. I never got to drive a new GT, but would imagine that it's even better. Is it worth it? That's the question I asked myself, and after a lot of soul searching the answer was no. If you can afford it and you don't need to drive in blinding snow, then go for the GT. But, if you can't, you'llstill enjoy the V6.

As previously mentioned, a used one might be a reasonable alternative. There should be leased GT's coming back to dealer's lots this year, and those can be a good deal.

As for reliability, Consumer Reports predicted my 07 V6 would be lower than average. I only have about 3K on it, so there's no way for me to say whether they were right. So far I'm happy, but only time will tell if I stay that way.

One warning, however: If you do get the Pony Package, look closely under the rear spoiler - mine rubbed through the paint on the trunk lid down to metal already.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

If you can live with the rattles squeaks and few of Fords known issues it is a great car otherwise!![sm=massbounce.gif]
Old 05-02-2007, 07:05 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Not surprised to hear the very define lines between the V6 and GT option, its the same in the classic forum. My big thing on deciding will come down to the funds available and the daily cost for fuel (mileage), maintenance cost, etc, between the two.
I would love the added power but will be happy with 225HP and the LOOK , either way I am looking forward to having one for my daily driver.

Quick Reply: How do you rate your Stangs????