Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for people with cervinis exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

Default question for people with cervinis exhaust

I am interisted in getting the cervinis side exhaust . I also want to lower my car a bit with some Eibach pro springs. question is do any of you have clearance issues with the side exhause and lowered springs? thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
JohnnyAce

Default RE: question for people with cervinis exhaust

Short answer: Yes. I have the Eibachs with the Cervini kit. What will rub will be the exhaust tips. They angle down quite a bit before turning up at the exit. If you have never driven a car with clearance problems before it will be a little tough for you. You need to calculate angles and take the steep stuff at an angle. Higher speed bumps are out of the question. My mounting pieces (that keep the tips centered in the opening of the side skirt) have been bent from bottoming the tips.

It will sound like hell when you bottom them. But the tips are strong and thick and other than removing a little material from the bottom I haven't caused my any real damage from bottoming. A few times was on dips in the highway where I had no choice. The problem you may run into is like mine, where the mounting tabs bend. I may look into beefing that area up because if the tips bend back far enough and touch the back of the skirt, it can mess up your paint.

John
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

thanks. that is what I was wondering exactly.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM
JohnnyAce

I get mad compliments on the side exhaust though, and it does sound GREAT!!! It's not that much work to drive it, you just have to be thinking a little more about where you can go. I think the benefits outweigh the fact that you have to drive more cautiously. I say, GO FOR IT. Hehe, good luck.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
dennysmustang

I have the cervini kit (partially installed as you can see) and the exhaust without lowering the car leaves 3-1/2" clearance. My buddy lowered his cervini kit with the Eibachs and had to re-install the stock springs. He only had 2-1/2" clearance, which is great for looks, but hard to drive anywhere. The side exhaust sounds amazing and turns more heads than you could imagine, so it's definitely worth it, but your call on the lowering part with the side exhaust....Good luck