Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Default What to do?

ok my birthday is coming up and my parents asked me what I want. I was thinking a axle back exhaust but I'm not sure what to get. I don't want to lose any low end torque. I have a V6 and don't want to do duels yet. I see that a lot of the V8 guys are really happy with there SLP LM and was wondering if one can be put on a V6?? If not then what should I get??
Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do?

Do they offer an off-road pipe for the v-6? I am very happy with my stock mufflers, combined with the off road x-pipe.

Good Luck.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi, I recently put on a JBA axleback on my V6 and I'm very happy with it. Not loud, nice low tone, cop & parent friendly and doesn't have the dreaded Drone. Good price too compared to others. Oh and I got an increase between 2-4mpg,
Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Are you sure that isn't because you drive slower with a louder car? How would you compare the JLB exhaust to say a G35?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

No I drive the same. I concider the JBA to be a step or 2 up from stock as far as noise level. That's why I like it. I didn't want a Muffler you have to be looking for cops all the time, or every cop you see you have to let off and coast by. I had loud glasspack/mufflers on past cars and it gets tiring after a while. I noticed the MPG increase right off the bat because I leave it on the Message Center all the time. City driving right away I noticed a couple MPG increase and did a country road test for a couple hours with only 4 stop signs and got 4MPG increase up to 31.2mpg. I know that because I did the same route with the stock mufflersand got 27mpg.
So I assume it freed up some backpressure and HP.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

How about SLP LM on a single V6?