Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vista Blue = Purple ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Rockman95

Default RE: Vista Blue = Purple ???

Uh oh, [sm=nothatway.gif], now you've gone and insulted the Grabber Orange community by referring to their mustangs as "school bus"....LOL Prepare for the flame throwers...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

no doubt about it...love my sonic blue....never ONCE has anyone ever questioned...what color is that....they look and say....love that blue...its sharp.....not hey love that purple...but it has some blue highlights...

ORIGINAL: Rockman95

LOL. You can tell us VISTAs and SONICs love our cars! I constantly got compliments on how nice the colors were (both my cars SONIC/VISTA). EVERY weekend I drive my car and stop at stores, gas stations, etc. I get positive comments. I can tell you chicks really dig the car and I believe it's blue enough to be masculine for me too. I'm sure every other mustang owner who has a different color will tell you how beautiful their "color" looks. I have to agree there's not one color that doesn't look bad and catches someone's eye. My personal favorites are VISTA (of course ), Dark Red (forgot color), Legend Lime, Blueveil (is that the right name?) and Orange (the new orange).
Old 05-10-2007, 11:21 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rockman95

LOL. You can tell us VISTAs and SONICs love our cars! I constantly got compliments on how nice the colors were (both my cars SONIC/VISTA). EVERY weekend I drive my car and stop at stores, gas stations, etc. I get positive comments. I can tell you chicks really dig the car and I believe it's blue enough to be masculine for me too. I'm sure every other mustang owner who has a different color will tell you how beautiful their "color" looks. I have to agree there's not one color that doesn't look bad and catches someone's eye. My personal favorites are VISTA (of course ), Dark Red (forgot color), Legend Lime, Blueveil (is that the right name?) and Orange (the new orange).

It's Windevil Blue
Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Ok, here we go... Go into Paint and define this custom color:

Hue: 175 Sat: 154 Lum: 79 Red: 70 Green: 30 Blue: 138

This is very close to the color I saw. It looks like it could be blue, but it is also the edge of purple. Maybe my eyes are sensitive to that particular shade.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Rockman95

Windevil Blue...yeah, that's it! WTF did I get "Blueveil"??? Anyway, that is a Beautiful color too. I might have gone with that one or Legend Lime if I wasn't so set on the VISTA BLUE.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Rockman95

Ooooh...yuck....my monitor must be WAY off. The color you suggested (Hue: 175 Sat: 154 Lum: 79 Red: 70 Green: 30 Blue: 138) looks FUGLY on my monitor and no way like anything my SONIC or VISTA has appeared (in any light situation). I had to get my wet wipes out and decontaminate my monitor after viewing that color
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Midnight blue with silver stripes would be hot as hell.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

i think its blue, but every one of my girl friends think that they are purple too!! i tell them they are fuggin nuts when we go the dealership!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Midnight blue with silver stripes would be hot as hell.
I had a Midnight Blue Metallic car once.....it was beautiful! I think it would look hot on a Mustang.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Vista Blue looks flat out purple in right lighting, i've seen it first hand.

You be the judge:

Quick Reply: Vista Blue = Purple ???