Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Stang with cdc classic or legend chin spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:33 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default Black Stang with cdc classic or legend chin spoilers

Hey, why do I not see pics of any black Mustang GT's with either the cdc classic chin spoiler or the legend chin spoiler/splitter? I am trying to do some kind of modification to the front of my 2007 black GT, and I would like to see some pictures if anyone has any.

The front bumper needs a little something extra to make it look just right, but nothing extreme. I ordered and received a raw cdc classic chin spoiler, but I strapped it to the front, and I am not sure about the look of it. It is hard to really tell how it will look until it is painted (black just like the car), but it doesn't seem to be remaining true to the form of the car. It's hard to explain what I mean by that except to say that it doesn't look like a natural extension of the Stang's body moldings. I am also leary of using it because of the tape that is required to fasten the middle to the car. If I ever decided to take it off, that would pose a messy problem.

I saw a few pics of the legend chin spoiler (or splitter) and didn't really like it at first, but when I saw it from a few different angles, I decided that it was probably going to do the job so I ordered one....about $330 with shipping...ridiculous price for a slab of fiberglass, but I'm a mod addict right now. It fills in that lower middle gap and makes the bumper appear a little lower. Besides that, it looks very simple and understated, and does not change the character of the car too much like the cdc classic.

I have seen a few pics of the cdc classic on a black stang, but the car had ridiculously wide tires, and was really low to the ground and didn't look at all like mine. Here is a brief description of my Stang and my mods. Stock: 2007 black GT, IUP with parchment moldings black dashboards black carpet black leather seats, GT appearance package including hood scoop, decklid spoiler, standard 17in painted aluminum wheels, Shaker 500 (which has yet to see a cd because I just don't listen to music)------Mods: Borla stinger catback system (maybe the best $670 I ever spent), pony emblem black floor mats, 14in shorty antenna, black painted mirror covers, sequential tail light kit.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Black Stang with cdc classic or legend chin spoilers

I didn't like the look of the classic nor the price of either, so I decide to buy the factory GT500 and modify it to fit my GT, I filled the holes and made a panel to fill the center gap, this is how it turned out and it only retailed for $61.60, leaves more money for mods and looks like it came on the car.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the info and pics. Your Stang looks sharp. I'm not sure how I feel about the outer edges of the GT500 chin spoiler. I think I like the tapered look of the legend better. It's so hard to decide on stuff like this, and there seem to be very few products out there that offer subtle style. Everything seems to look so outrageous....the cervinis body packages, for instance. I would like to eventually get tires slightly wider than the 235's, but I'm concerned that if I try to put wider tires on the stock rims, the sidewalls will bulge and have a rounded appearance, which ruins the looks. However, I do not want to shell out the dough for new rims, so I will probably always run 235's.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

My avatar and gallery has photo's of the classic.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Check out my sig...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the pics! I'm almost positive that I'll be going with the legend chin spoiler. I'll post some pics when it is done.