Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been Away a While . . . Front End Thunk ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Been Away a While . . . Front End Thunk ?

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

ORIGINAL: bascho

Remember, there is no rush. The 'chuckle' condition is not unsafe or bad for the car.
To me,this is the best part of the post.I don't thunk yet, but if I didit wouldn't be damaging my car.
Hey Barry. Yeah, I don't have it either.....but I drove in a friends car that did have it and it was annoying. Needless to say the hard part of the fix (the redesign of the part) is complete and the dealers should be getting these parts in the next couple of weeks.

Please....please....please!! If you don't have the issue then don't take your car into the dealer for a fix. Please allow the owners with a real problem get into the dealers and have a part available to them. This is not a recall......not every stang needs the redesigned part. There is nothing unsafe about the one that is already installed on your vehicle.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

hey thanks for stickin your neck out. you didn't have to, but i appreciate it. i think the appropriate tag line here is "don't shoot the messenger"!!!

ps: any issues with the glassback? i LOVE those things! almost sprung for one, but didn't fit into the 'budget'.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

hey thanks for stickin your neck out. you didn't have to, but i appreciate it. i think the appropriate tag line here is "don't shoot the messenger"!!!

ps: any issues with the glassback? i LOVE those things! almost sprung for one, but didn't fit into the 'budget'.
As long as you guys don't shoot the messenger than I'll continue to keep you all informed

Love the Glassback.......but it's a sauna in the summer. Not while driving with the windows down or with the a/c on......but coming out to the car from work after it's sat in the sun all day is brutal. I'm gonna tint the rest of the windows and put those shades on the windshield to see if that helps. If not then I'm gonna have to figure out how to shade the roof during the day. I still have no regrets though.........not only is in extremely rare to see another Glassback stang,the glass roofchanges the entire 'feel' of the interior. There is no feeling of being in a small 2-door coupe. It's like being in a convertible without all the wind
Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

As long as you guys don't shoot the messenger than I'll continue to keep you all informed

Love the Glassback.......but it's a sauna in the summer. Not while driving with the windows down or with the a/c on......but coming out to the car from work after it's sat in the sun all day is brutal. I'm gonna tint the rest of the windows and put those shades on the windshield to see if that helps. If not then I'm gonna have to figure out how to shade the roof during the day. I still have no regrets though.........not only is in extremely rare to see another Glassback stang,the glass roofchanges the entire 'feel' of the interior. There is no feeling of being in a small 2-door coupe. It's like being in a convertible without all the wind

I bet you could get some of the color match sunbrella material and some velcro patches and do something.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I bet you could get some of the color match sunbrella material and some velcro patches and do something.
That's a good idea.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Thanks Bascho!
Nice to have someone on the inside. Very cool indeed!

So what about the cross member/k-member support that's been missing in our coupes yet is being installed in all coupes since April? Is Ford going to issue those as part of the kit?
Will the chuckle solution / upper strut mount AKA bracket be a warranty part/repair?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
HDmstng
1st Gear Member

Is there a sound recording of the "chuckle" or "thunking" noise people are hearing available online? I do hear something but not sure if it's the normal sound of the car or it can be fixed with this part.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:02 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Thanks Bascho!

So what about the cross member/k-member support that's been missing in our coupes yet is not being installed in all coupes since April? Is Ford going to issue those as part of the kit?
Will the chuckle solution / upper strut mount AKA bracket be a warranty part/repair?

My 07 GT was built 4/11 and it has the support.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8178A

Thanks Bascho!

So what about the cross member/k-member support that's been missing in our coupes yet is being installed in all coupes since April? Is Ford going to issue those as part of the kit?

My 07 GT was built 4/11 and it has the support.

Doh! Sorry for the typo. I mean "is being installed in all coupes since April".
Old 06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Bascho!

The k-member brace is available to anyone who wants to install it (4R3Z-5025-A). Ford won't release a kit to add it to the 2005-2006 coupe because it was determined that it wasn't needed. The verts have had it since 2005. BuckshotBarry installed one on his coupe.....he can tell you if he's noticed a difference.

The upper strut mount (8R3Z-18183-B) is covered under the normal BTB warranty. If you have the "chuckle" condition then that is the part the dealer will order to eliminate the noise.

I'm always happy to help you guys in anyway that I can. I really feel that Ford's biggest problem is customer service. Everyone that works for Ford should be a customer service rep in anyway thatwe can. If a customer feels as though the company cares about their issue and resolving it,then the issue itself is usuallyforgotten.

Toyota isn't killing the domestics because their cars are THAT much better.......it's because they fix the problems so quickly and easily that the customers don't even remember what the problem was. Having a bad service visit or long wait for a simple repair causes long-term damage.

Quick Reply: Been Away a While . . . Front End Thunk ?