Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mannn, sometimes....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: mannn, sometimes....

he wanted to be safe....he didn't want to say "this girl"
without being sure lol

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

If your girlfriend wants to move out of her parents house, she should go ahead and do it. If she can't afford it without you, she should stay home too.

I agree with this guy, but at the same time, it sounds like you bought a car you can't afford. If you're stuck living with your parents at 21 because you can't afford to move out, then perhaps you should have bought something a bit more... used. I personally waited until my house was paid off, and I had enough money in the bank to write a check for my car. I'm 23, and I came from nothing. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can.
[&:]
Old 06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

One other consideration: As soon as that new car roles off the lot, it starts losing value. In most cases, it loses value faster than the loan value is paid off for the first year or two (unless you had a large downpayment). If you sell or trade in that time period, you'll lose your shorts.

Unless you absolutely positively can't afford to make the payments, you're better off keeping the car until you can sell it for more than the amount you owe on it (and that will take a couple of years, maybe longer).

There are ways to do both (keep car and move), by saving on day-to-day costs, by taking on a second part-time job, or both. When a person truly wants to do something, they find a way to do it.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

At21,{now 45},
Both my first Mustang and girlfriend are long gone,
DAMN, I miss that car,
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

I hate to say it, but no car should ever come between you and a better life. Even if that car is a Mustang.

I just bought my new 07 V6five months ago. I was actually looking for a economical carwith low payment & great gas mileage- something to fit my tight budget - but was fortunate enough to get my Stang and still afford to pay my bills and keep my fiance happy, LOL.

Use your money to better your living conditions, shore up your relationship and then when the time is right, get a new Mustang to throw all your love into.

You wont regret it. I didn't. :-)

PS: is this girl your with "the one". Are you 2 super serious?Cause if not, then forget what I said and keep the car!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM
bugmenot

sell the car

www.daveramsey.com <<< the man knows what he's talking about.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mtnpunk91

I hate to say it, but no car should ever come between you and a better life. Even if that car is a Mustang.

I just bought my new 07 V6five months ago. I was actually looking for a economical carwith low payment & great gas mileage- something to fit my tight budget - but was fortunate enough to get my Stang and still afford to pay my bills and keep my fiance happy, LOL.

Use your money to better your living conditions, shore up your relationship and then when the time is right, get a new Mustang to throw all your love into.

You wont regret it. I didn't. :-)

PS: is this girl your with "the one". Are you 2 super serious?Cause if not, then forget what I said and keep the car!
yeah, its going on almost 2 years. pretty much looking like we're getting married sometime in the future. but yeah, my reasoning about this isn't juuuust for her, its for us, and myself. even if I lost her, I still want to move out myself.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

so what the chick cant wait a few months till youve got the funds to move out? keep the car and put the chick on hold for a while.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puddle356

yeah, its going on almost 2 years. pretty much looking like we're getting married sometime in the future. but yeah, my reasoning about this isn't juuuust for her, its for us, and myself. even if I lost her, I still want to move out myself.
Sell the car then. Just make sure that's what you want.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Life is full of compromises, nobody here (myself included) knows how much you really love your car or your gf, or the way you feel, or why she wants to move out,let alone the details of your relationship. Just a theoretical example ifmygfwants to move out because her parents are abusive, and I love herI'd sell my soul tosatanto get her out of there, if on the other hand she wants to move out because of selfish convinience, I'd keep my car, so everything is relative to the circumstances.
At the end of the day it must be your decision, and my piece of advice is that whatever your decision is, dont look back in the future just to regret what you did, because it is not only worthless but will make you very unhappy.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Im so glad Im 25 and not 18 anymore... Things are stable and mature.

Quick Reply: mannn, sometimes....