Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner Questions...Please Respond

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Tuner Questions...Please Respond

A friend of mine asked if i wanted to go in 50/50 on a sct excal2 tuner and i am trying to expalin to him that the tuner is set up for one car only. If by chance i decided to go in with him on the tuner, what would be involved with tuning both cars? I have an auto, and he has a manual. Would i really be saving any money by doing this? Would it be better to let him get the loaded tune and then clear out the tuner and buy a tune for my car, or vice versa? If i get the loaded tune and let him clear and reload, what happens if i get a trouble code? How long would you wait before clearing and reloading for the other car? I am so confussed! Please help!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuner Questions...Please Respond

as long as both cars are stock it will work. you must have all the same mods though.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

please explain how it will work?!?!?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

if you both have the same year, model and modifications. the tune will load to each of the cars properly. the stock tune must be in each car or else it will not work. if you load a tune for something you dont have in your car and something they have in there car, it could be a disaster. theres nothing to clear on the tuner. just plug it in and download the new tune. i dont know any other way to explain it.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

if you both have the same year, model and modifications. the tune will load to each of the cars properly. the stock tune must be in each car or else it will not work. if you load a tune for something you dont have in your car and something they have in there car, it could be a disaster. theres nothing to clear on the tuner. just plug it in and download the new tune. i dont know any other way to explain it.
This is a little true but alot more to it

Plain and simple it wont work

You might not have the same CPU code so it might load into one car but not the other. It depends if you are using the canned tunes or one from Brenspeed or B ama or someplace like those. The canned tunes with a predator will work like this but the SCT checks this code.

The tunes are generally different for manual and auto.

You can only load the tune into one car at a time, which if you race this might work but not really worth it otherwise. But if you have it in your car and then the friend wants it, you have to take it out of yours...where is the fun in that

There are other things that i could go into detail about but I can tell you have already looked into this and came to the proper decision that it wont work.

Each of you buying your own tuner will provide the most enjoyment and least amount of headaches.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

why do you need to remove the tune out of one car before you load into another car, or do you mean that if we want to continue to share the tuner you have to remove it? What if one of us loads a tune into a car and then clears the tuner and i buy a new tune?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The tuner will not load any tune into another car inless you have removed the tune out of the first car........The tuner basically mates itself with the car until you reload the stock tune into the car. That is why everybody has to order their own tuner and you just do need a friend to get a tuner and then use it on all the mustangs on the block.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I see the light said the blind man to the deaf dog! Two more questions and i will leave you helpfull people alone. Will the diablo tuner be the same way? If i do get a tuner for myself. Can i still use the stock air intake and still get somewhat similiar results, then later get a cnl or airaid ect. and retune the car using some of the popular dogs tunes?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Yes you can use the tuner now and just update for future mods down the road.