Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyno Numbers with Saleen blower

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Dyno Numbers with Saleen blower

Ravi sets his tunes at a 3 hour cap.. meaning if it goes over he still only charges you 3 hours. He charges $175 an hour. Unless you dont have a tuner yet like a XCal2 then they will charge you the price of the tuner which goes for around $300. At least that's what I paid for my XCal.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

that sounds on the high side to me, but then again, i
don't know what that includes....

it seems to me, a shop should be able to do a
custom tune in 3-4 hours max....

ORIGINAL: potro

WOW!!! 9 hr. I'm getting a custom tune also for my Saleen blower. I was quoted $750 does that sound right? I have no idea how much they charge for custom tunes. Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 09:22 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 9Venom9

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: hammeron

this tuner Ravi, sounds like the kind of guy
we all would like to have tuning our cars. he
sounds very detail oriented and cares about
the finished product.
yeah he does....he sounds allot like Justin at VMP here in Florida.....its great to have certain guys take so much time to get your car right....those numbers are beautiful though,....I have been thinking about venturing into the 450 club...need to look at a fuel pump upgrade first...then TC....but awesome numbers!!!!!!!
With an 8 pound pulley i dont see why you cant do it.. I am only running a 7.5.. and also the running off stock pump with no probs.
oops....read that you were an auto as well
Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: hammeron

this tuner Ravi, sounds like the kind of guy
we all would like to have tuning our cars. he
sounds very detail oriented and cares about
the finished product.
yeah he does....he sounds allot like Justin at VMP here in Florida.....its great to have certain guys take so much time to get your car right....those numbers are beautiful though,....I have been thinking about venturing into the 450 club...need to look at a fuel pump upgrade first...then TC....but awesome numbers!!!!!!!
With an 8 pound pulley i dont see why you cant do it.. I am only running a 7.5.. and also the running off stock pump with no probs.

...I am actually running the same pulley then > i assumed you were running at least a 3.4 pulley with those numbers.....but hey I have seen others get numbers like that out of there setups ...the autos have a huge parasitic loss.and each one of these cars are different..thats where the solid drive shaft and new TC will help...put more of that boost to the wheels.....
Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Yea there trying to talk me into swapping out the drive shaft now.. I am thinking about it.. haveyou heard of the syper drive shaft? I guess they use the ranger DS... I will do the TQ when I am ready to upgrade to Long tubes.. so that's at the bottom of the list. I am sure when I swap out the DS I will be putting down better numbers... has anyone done a before and after to see what kind of gains you get out of the DS swap?

BTW I post on S197 under BLWN 05.. I just replied to your thread over there.. lol
Old 06-09-2007, 09:37 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Yea there trying to talk me into swapping out the drive shaft now.. I am thinking about it.. haveyou heard of the syper drive shaft? I guess they use the ranger DS... I will do the TQ when I am ready to upgrade to Long tubes.. so that's at the bottom of the list. I am sure when I swap out the DS I will be putting down better numbers... has anyone done a before and after to see what kind of gains you get out of the DS swap?

BTW I post on S197 under BLWN 05.. I just replied to your thread over there.. lol
thx..I seen it...so are you running the 3.4 pulley or the 3.6?? sounds like the 3.6 if it is 7.5-8 psi.....nice numbers again..yeah I have been reading about the spyder shaft over at the other forum and PI Torque...I already have the header setup...I dont know if getting over 450rwhp is necessary..then again..doing what I have done is not necessary either..LOL....I am thinking about switching out the pulley, but have concern with the fuel delivery....Jim at JDM told me that it was uneccesary to change out the pump with a 3.4.....and I have read where others haven't changed the pump and were fine...but also read where some were losing fuel at 5500 RPM.....I dont race or anything, but its nice to have...believe me 422rwhp and 416 torque is pretty freaking sweet too....and after you get over 400rwhp will you really notice the 20 more if the torque doesnt change??anyway...I will keep contemplating it...in the meantime....great numbers again...keep it safe...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

It is the 3.6 Pulley.. Another thing.. the reason I took so long was that the tuner tried to tune the car with the C&L MAF... but gave up after realizing there was no way around it and called me abotu the SCT Big Mouth.. plus he is the owner of the shop so at times he did take a break to talk on the phone and eat lunch.