Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: remote start?

i knew a kid who parked his 350z next to a wall and someone started the remote after parking it in 1st. he had to get a new bumper
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

The instructions on my Autopage alarm give manual trans instructions. They involve disabling the clutch starter safety interlock--not a good idea, as the above poster stated.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

i had remote start on a manual caar before, they just bypass the clutch thing. I normally leave my car in neutral but after one of my friends drove it and left it in 1st gear i remote started it the next day and the car just went idling in first gear, i had to run out the house and chase after it maybe half a block luckly there was nothing in front my car for a while or else it would not have been a pretty sight
Old 06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

also when i installed my alarm the guy at the shop told me they were not supposed to install the remote start on manual cars, so on the reciept he wrote that remote start was not installed, im guessing for liability issues
Old 06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: urnamethere

i had remote start on a manual caar before, they just bypass the clutch thing. I normally leave my car in neutral but after one of my friends drove it and left it in 1st gear i remote started it the next day and the car just went idling in first gear, i had to run out the house and chase after it maybe half a block luckly there was nothing in front my car for a while or else it would not have been a pretty sight
LMAO sorry but that is too funny
Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

ORIGINAL: urnamethere

LMAO sorry but that is too funny
It is funny as it is dangerous, if a little kid happened to be in fron of the car he/she could have been hurt or worse and the owner landed in jail, it is a stupid way to ruin your life and other's, so as fancy as it might be, no remote starting on my manual, no sir.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

There is no point to remote start in a car like this.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

yeah its true it can be dangerous to have remote start, i was lucky enough than no one got hurt or any property damage to my car or to anyone else, the car was going maybe 15 mph, not fast enough to REALLY mess someone elses car or anything, but could do some serious damage to a person
Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

JRM, lighten up!
I'm sure in hindsight everyone has something that they wish they had done differently...

That would have been nice on video!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

+1

Quick Reply: remote start?