Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension is next!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:03 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default Suspension is next!!!

Now that I have my C&L intake/tuner combo installed and my Pypes o/r x-pipe should be here Thursday or Friday and installed Sunday, I'm thinking of alittle suspension. Right now I wanna get the Eibach Pro Kit, which lowers it 1.3-1.4", which is a nice noticable difference, and I would like that look alot. Question though, what all would I need besides the pro-kit? I was looking at C/C plates and LCA, but dont know if thats it, or if I only need the C/C plates or what. I'll be honest, when it comes to suspension and stuff, I'm totally lost. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension is next!!!

I figured somebody knew alittle about suspension, guess not.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

You'll need camber bolts, adjustable LCA's for pinion angle and adjustable panhard bar to center the axle.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

you should also get LCA relocaton brackets to adjust your pinon angle since the car will be lowered. you may also want to get a adj panhard bar to keep the rear centered you should review this thread....

https://mustangforums.com/m_2727670/...tm.htm#2727670

and anything crazyAl has posted about suspension
Old 06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Usually when you dont get answers right away is because people ask it a million times and you can easily search and get the answers you need.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Usually when you dont get answers right away is because people ask it a million times and you can easily search and get the answers you need.
Aslong as I've been here I know that, but I still ask anyways.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

Yea I agree sometimes its nice to be able to bring up specific things about your vehicle or what you are trying to do that you cant search. But I have used the search bar myself and found in my reading that the best mods you can do are:

-Eibach pro kit springs to lower the center of gravity.
-Definately LCA and relocation brackets to get rid of that nasty wheel hop out of the dig.
-Camber bolts are necissary to readjust the camber of the wheels after you lower them, that way you dont have uneven wheel ware.
-The panhard bar is going to not be as necissary IMO but good incase one of your wheels is out farther than the other.
-And new shocks are an option since you have gone this far why quit now, get some new D-specs. Everyone says Tokicko is the way to go!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:00 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nelsta21

Yea I agree sometimes its nice to be able to bring up specific things about your vehicle or what you are trying to do that you cant search. But I have used the search bar myself and found in my reading that the best mods you can do are:

-Eibach pro kit springs to lower the center of gravity.
-Definately LCA and relocation brackets to get rid of that nasty wheel hop out of the dig.
-Camber bolts are necissary to readjust the camber of the wheels after you lower them, that way you dont have uneven wheel ware.
-The panhard bar is going to not be as necissary IMO but good incase one of your wheels is out farther than the other.
-And new shocks are an option since you have gone this far why quit now, get some new D-specs. Everyone says Tokicko is the way to go!
WOW, thats alot more and different than my 01 GT. When I was gonna lower it with the Eibach Pro-kit I was told by many that all I need is the springs and thats it, but getting C/C plates would be a great add on. So much more sh*t with the newer models it aint even funny. Thanks for the list though.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

LCA relocation brackets are NOT for pinion angle adjustment, they are for instant center adjustment. Adjustable LCA's/UCA is for pinion angle.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: 06VistaBlueGT

LCA relocation brackets are NOT for pinion angle adjustment, they are for instant center adjustment. Adjustable LCA's/UCA is for pinion angle.
Pardon my small error.,.. they adjust your LCA ANGLE and are benifical to increased traction.

from crazyAl
This is something that is commonly confused.

Adjustable LCAs (or UCAs) allow you to adjust the length of the arm, which in turn changes your pinion angle.

The LCA relocation brackets allow you to adjust the angle of the arm, which is for the aforementioned suspension adjustment (instant center).

The two things are TOTALLY SEPERATE from each other.

If you lowered your car then you would ideally use BOTH. The adjustable control arms let you set your pinion angle correctly. The LCA relocation bracket fixes your LCA angle & instant center.