Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From GT to shelby (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: From GT to GT500

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Rehash alert! Rehash Alert! Rehash Alert!

Another Ground Hog Day today....................

LoL
Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Performance wise you only need the frpp handling pack, frpp power pack, and the frpp x pipe. The handling pack is ok, but needs some extra components to optimise it. The pwr pack blows, and for the money you could do a lot better with a c&l, or jlt cai.An after market exhaust would be better too. If you want to clone one there are aftermarket places the offer placards, badges, and so on.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

If you think you can buy and install all these parts then you and some automobile writers are living on Fantasy Island! You can't even buy the Shelby's Powered by Ford logo yet, can you?

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/875BB5698DE1487E861756512BBD8F32.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

If you think you can buy and install all these parts then you and some automobile writers are living on Fantasy Island! You can't even buy the Shelby's Powered by Ford logo yet, can you?

There is alot of things associated with a shelby that no one will ever have unless you own one. Unfortunatly there are a few here that just want to light fires, stir the pot, ect....
If you use the search function you will find that its the same people every time that this half baked debate resurfaces. They don't get it and never will or perhaps they do and this is the only way to spread thier short comings?. But thats ok, Give it a couple more weeks and this stupid debate will start all over again, Just like Ground Hog Day w/ Bill Murry. It's like a said before, You can throw all the money in the world at your Gt and have it look the same, Handlethe same, perform the same, but when your done, it will never be the same. Time to move on now................

Just my opinion and everybody's got one,
Old 06-23-2007, 12:48 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

The powered by ford fender badges are available through Scott Drake enterprises. They make a nice upgrade if anyone is interested.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:57 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

The powered by ford fender badges are available through Scott Drake enterprises. They make a nice upgrade if anyone is interested.
Just visited thier and i don't see them, Would you be so kind as to share a link to that product? He doesn't seem to have them?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I may not be able to make it a shelby which I dont want to do but I can certainly buy plenty of shelby parts for my regular GT http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/. It does not hurt my feelings to spend thousands less on a car that performs better when finished. A Shelby GT500 I would spend for but a Shelby GT? depends on price.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

www.scottdrake.net/prod_details.aspx?prod_id=9055&breadcrumb=Embl ems+%26+Ornaments+%3ea%3ea+Exterior+Emblems+%26+Or naments+%3a%3a+Fender+Emblem I'm not one of those folks bashing the c/s gt. I think it's a good looking car. I personally wouldn't spend the extra cash on it. I have the same handling pack with some extra parts, and think it's great. Here in my town they have always sold it at msrp. I just want to customise my own way. The money saved will go a long way farther to do so. I would be scared to modify a Shelby in the fear that I may ruin any collectability. It may turn out to be something special, or turn out like the Shelby Dodge omni, charger,or daytona. -----There are4 CS stangsin my town, and they are really beautiful cars. The black one down the road is owned by a equally beautiful blonde (lol) ----- Anyhow the original post was by the guy who was only interested in the Mech. performance issues. Since hes not trying to make a clone, he'd be better off getting a different induction/ exhaust.----- As far as the emblem, I want to get one to put on thetitanium radiator shroud I'm making. I'll put the extra one in the interior somewhere
Old 06-23-2007, 02:56 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

There is alot of things associated with a shelby that no one will ever have unless you own one. Unfortunatly there are a few here that just want to light fires, stir the pot, ect....
If you use the search function you will find that its the same people every time that this half baked debate resurfaces. They don't get it and never will or perhaps they do and this is the only way to spread thier short comings?. But thats ok, Give it a couple more weeks and this stupid debate will start all over again, Just like Ground Hog Day w/ Bill Murry. It's like a said before, You can throw all the money in the world at your Gt and have it look the same, Handlethe same, perform the same, but when your done, it will never be the same. Time to move on now................

Settle down..........I don't think anyone is trying to bash your decision to invest in a Shelby, they are just pointing out that superior performance can be had for less greenbacks, at the end of the day, you have no warranty issues that others might have. You have resale value for the mods, that others won't have. You also have Carrol Shelbys name written on your dash, that others don't have. You also have 8 to 10 k, invested,that others don't have.

Good Day.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hogpowr

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

Settle down..........I don't think anyone is trying to bash your decision to invest in a Shelby, they are just pointing out that superior performance can be had for less greenbacks, at the end of the day, you have no warranty issues that others might have. You have resale value for the mods, that others won't have. You also have Carrol Shelbys name written on your dash, that others don't have. You also have 8 to 10 k, invested,that others don't have.

Good Day.

LOL

Yea, you got a point there!

Good Day to you too................

Quick Reply: From GT to shelby (Updated)