Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax/polish preferences??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default Wax/polish preferences??

I did some reading on here and also on B M C Forums.com (I have a black 06 GT Vert), and it seems that BlackFire gets some pretty rave reviews. So I ordered the following from BlackFireUSA.com, it should be here Friday:

Wet Ice over Fire shine kit (aerosol) - includes: 16oz Wet Diamond all finish paint protection, 7oz Wet Diamond ivory carnauba paste wax with acrylic polymers, 14oz aerosol ivory carnauba spray cleaner/wax, 2 red Concours foam applicator pads, two perfect shine buffing cloths
BlackFire PolyClay kit II - includes:two 3oz bars of PolyClay, 16oz spray bottle of clay lubricant, 2 microfiber power scrubber cloths
BlackFire wheel and tire kit - includes: 16oz spray BlackFire gel wheel & tire cleaner, 1 feather-tipped tire & wheel brush, 16oz BlackFire long lasting tire gel, 3 flexible foam tire applicators
Best Microfiber Towel Kit - includes: Big Blue towel (6 sq ft), a dragon fibre glass cleaning cloth, a perfect shine buffing cloth, 3 microfiber applicator pads, 3 flexible foam tire applicators, and 6 microfiber nano wipes

I also ordered (from a different source) the RaggTopp vinyl top kit (cleaner and protectant) and the leather interior kit (cleaner and protectant).

My plan is to wash the car, clay it,then use the wet Diamond paint protectant, then two coats of carnauba (and of course the wheels, tires, top and interior, etc, etc).

The BlackFire stuff was $198 shipped, and the RaggTopp was like $70 shipped, in case anyone is interested.

So, two questions - does anyone have any different advice for me on what I plan to do (if so, please be specific), and secondly, if you don't like BlackFire, why don't you like it and what do you use instead?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
krahez

Default RE: Wax/polish preferences??

With an 06 you shouldn't have to clay it unless the finish is rough. I use the meguire's 3 step process; clean, polish, and protect. I used meguire's first two steps and zymol carnuba as the final protectant. Between washes I use meguire's quick detailer, it helps to remove bugs and water spots when caught out in the rain.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

So, two questions - does anyone have any different advice for me on what I plan to do (if so, please be specific), and secondly, if you don't like BlackFire, why don't you like it and what do you use instead?
It's always good to clay the car first. It gets rid of a lot of debris that ordinary washing/waxing won't. Never had experience with the Blackfire. I jus switched from Zaino to P-21S and really like it! Lots of shine. You can probably find a lot more information here:
www.autopia.org
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

Mothers claybar, Maguiers step 2 polish and then finish with maguires NXT tech wax...heres a pic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/56749/596B7E9FE08F4A4A917740552D9A6499.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I use Adams butter wax and claybar. The wax is awesome. Comes off very easy and leaves a very nice shine.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/
Old 06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
brandon97
1st Gear Member

This thread reminds me of the ones on axle backs----everyone will have their own opinions. I have a vista blue car, much like black, very hard to keep clean. I did clay my 06 this summer and saw great results, plus it's easier for us because you shouldn't have that many things in your paint yet. I have just switched from NXT to obsessive detail products (vendor on the forum). Great to work with, ordered on Tues, to my house on Thurs. I did the four step process (protect, red moose glaze, seal, carnuba wax). Great product, easy to put on/off, the best results I have had yet. Also purchased the waterless spray for a quick detailer......If you are going to do your car right, and follow the process you described, you can't go wrong with any MAJOR brand. The fun thing about washing/waxing, it always looks better than when you started.

ENJOY....
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
guao
2nd Gear Member

Can't go wrong with ZAINO
Old 06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

How many clays does it take to get to the center of a TootsiePop,
I mean to get thru the clearcoat down to the paint. How many
clays can be done without going too deep? 1, 2, 3, 10??
Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I get good results from Turtle Wax ICE
Old 06-26-2007, 06:48 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Exactly.. and they sell it by the gallon. By far the best all around (easy to use.. last long..great shine and feel). Their spray on glaze is really nice too (comes off easily).

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

I use Adams butter wax and claybar. The wax is awesome. Comes off very easy and leaves a very nice shine.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Quick Reply: Wax/polish preferences??