Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(sappy) ain't the net groovy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default (sappy) ain't the net groovy?

Just wanted to take a minute and give the net a salute. Back when I had my 90 GT, the only info swapping, mod ideas etc. I had access to were the ones in the mustang mags (and the odds of theirfeature stories + the mailbag write-ins coinciding with my questions/ideas were slim to nil) plus the experience of the guys and girls in my mustang social circle.
But nowadays it's unlimited. Log on to MF with any question and worldwide assistance, plus email responses from suppliers. Don't want to sound corny or sappy, and many younger stangers won't appreciate this as much as the older guys will, but damn the internet has improved the experience of owning and modding these cars a thousandfold. Agreed?
p.s. and when I finally got online I thought I'd only use it for ****! (I've long since burned out on THAT...you know what they say about too much of a good thing lol)
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: (sappy) ain't the net groovy?

I agree the net just make everything so much easier. You can rate parts before you buy, you can see mods 24/7, you can bounce ideas of of thousands of people, it is a great thing. Thank you Al Gore (little jokey-poo).
As far as the **** I would also have to agree. Nudity is EVERYWHERE you look now. TV, magizines,movies, Net ,there is nothing special or exciting about it anymore. When I was young it was a rare thing to find a hiden playboy or something, it made it special. Now I can't through a dead cat (not that I would) without hitting some naked chick parading around for attention. In the late 90's it was fun for a minute now it is just boring. I even hear young guys say how they are getting tired of maxuim, girls gone wild, and reaility tv where girls parade around in nothing. It is all old hat. It is time for these younger women to respect their bodies so young men will treat them as such. My wife is super hot anyway!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

+1000, I couldnt agree more
Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

The net is Groovy, It's Keen, outa sight, and up tight, and maybe even Dyn-Oh-Might.
God I'm old.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

You ain't lying! But the way, great avatar..scene from "Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary" if I am correct.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Got me, I just made it up.
I do remember Manard G Crebbs
Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TPony

You ain't lying! But the way, great avatar..scene from "Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary" if I am correct.
yes and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I was waiting for someone to comment on it! Yes it's from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, which I watch at least once a week...a mandatory movie for car guys and girls, cheap enough at amazon.com...everyone should own that movie...(waaayyy off topic oh well)p.s. they also used that crash scene in the opening credits of "The Fall Guy" even though it had nothing to do with the show...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:03 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I couldn't agree more with you about the net. I was lucky to live in areas that had a lot of stantgers,back when I had my fox bodies. Even so it was hard to plan, and get the info needed for modding the car.