Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Mustang - soundproofing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Mustang - soundproofing

Hey guys,

Well its been a few weeks with my matting installed. My official opinion is that after matting my trunk and under the rear seat the change in noise is minimal. For the amount of labor invested it simply didnt pay off the way I expected. What it did do was take the "egde" off of the few noises that I would consider annoying, but it did not elminate them. With the radio playing a low/normal listening levels the noises were that previously bugged me, no longer do. However if I shut the radio off and listen, the slight spring creak I hear on slow suspesion articulations are still there. And on bumpy roads..well I still hear the suspension reacting to the bumps. Aswell it should be noted that my Ford Racing Stinger's drone was decreased aswell, but again only enough to take the edge off.

Ultimatly I think greater gains can be acheived by matting the entire car and possibly doubling up layers where the sound comes through at higher levels...ie, wheel wells, doors, and floor panals. However at this time I do not want to put the money into matting the whole car, nor do I want to work that hard again anytime soon or add that much more weight to my ride.

Id also like to say I think this upgrade would benefit people with aftermarket audio setups (or shaker systems)....when sound quality means a lot to you, making sure things arent rattling is paramount. While I plan on doing that type of work to my car in the future, at this time I was only looking to improve the sound enviroment as it relates to mechanical noises.

Sorry about the length of the post....I tend to go on and on and on...lol. Later!