Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input before I buy/SCT x-2 /Livewire

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Default Input before I buy/SCT x-2 /Livewire

Ok now I got the funds to buy the JLT w/sct x-2,something new pops up (I think) Anyways take
a look at this info and help me out.Is this $764 live wire kit something really useful or not.To me it sounds
like the regular SCT with gauges and shift light combined?Things I could wait for.
Thanks

Includes complete JLT intake system plus SCT Live Wire
The latest offerings from SCT is the new Livewire tuning Device. The LIVEWIRE arrives PRE-LOADED with Dyno Proven tune files specifically calibrated for your vehicle. Simply select one of the pre-configured options such as 87 - 93 Octane Performance or Maximum Fuel Economy, flash your vehicle and enjoy driving until you are ready to have it custom tuned! Once you choose to have your LIVEWIRE device custom tuned, you can simply come back to use and purchase custom tune files straight from our website.LIVEWIRE can store up to 3 Custom Tune Files along with the factory uploaded tune while retaining the PRE-LOADED SCT tune files for future use. The LIVEWIRE also features high speed USB data logging of multiple OBD-II PCM parameters, a dedicated wideband air/fuel monitoring port, the ability to datalog an additional analog signal, and real-time instrumentation. You can easily configure the LIVEWIRE display screen to show important information at a glance (*Air / Fuel Ratio, *Boost, Spark Advance). *Displays a converted 0-5v signal. In order to read your A/F OR Boost you will requires an external Air / Fuel Ratio device such as the LM-1, Wideband Commander or MAP Sensor for boost.
Measuring your vehicle’s HP, TQ, 0-60 ET, ¼ Mile ET and Fuel Mileage has never been easier. LIVEWIRE accurately estimates* your vehicle’s performance based on data monitored from the vehicle’s computer. Now you can easily measure performance gains before and after you make vehicle modifications, plus monitor your fuel economy. *Due to variables such as wheel spin all ratings are estimates only.
LIVEWIRE has a built-in, High Intensity Yellow LED Shift Light. Now, you can adjust your desired Shift RPM in seconds. LIVEWIRE is very accurate, it reads the RPM signal directly from your vehicle’s computer.
Using the LIVEWIRE Flash Device, you can now Read, Clear & Diagnose Trouble Codes without the expensive diagnostic fees charged by dealerships or your local garage!
The SCT LIVEWIRE Windshield Mounting bracket. This allows you to mount your LIVEWIRE to the windshield for easy “hands free” viewing!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:06 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Input before I buy/SCT x-2 /Livewire

Livewire would be good if it worked: find the SCT site and forums and see what a nightmare it is, so far.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Of course the posters are only the complainers, but they do complain, and rightly so, it seems. I like the Livewire idea, but may not have the patience to wait for SCT to finish the product development. Looks like they learned from software developers: let the customers do the testing.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

even working its not worth it IMO
Old 07-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Ok I'm starting to get the picture..lol.I'm going with the Regular kit!
I've also heard to go with the SCT and not Diablosport due to some shops
being unable to tune with them..??
Old 07-07-2007, 03:19 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

it seems that more shops use SCT for tuning....but you should check your local shop first because they might use diablo instead and then you still have to get it!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Ok I'll give them a call....thanks