Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep it or lose it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 AM
grabbergt07

Default RE: Keep it or lose it?

Sorry for your loss, i'd keep both.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mpaint99
I lost my father on July 1,07 and he left me a 2001 conv't Corvette paid for. Lessthen 10,000 mi. on her. Do I keep the Stang with payments? I just got my car the way I like it. This is a tough decision.Whats your advice?
I am really sorry to hear about your fathers' passing - this touches my heart - I've been through both and it just plain sucks. I don't believe your father left you the Vette so you can get rid of something that you worked on and love... he'd want you to enjoy both. I do believe in keeping both, for at least a year, until the grief process has taken its' course. You might just realize that keeping both makes your heart happy. Or keeping only the Mustang is YOUR dream and you can honor your father by placing the finances from the Vette into a home, condo, farm, etc. Don't stress over this so soon... you're still grieving!

If you are financially in a bind right now, take a sheet of paper and fold in half - one side for the vette and one side for the mustang and write the pros and cons of owning each one... this way you can really see how the pros and cons add up... this will give you something to think about while your heart tries to make a very tough decision...

Sending lots of positive thoughts to you...[sm=grinangel.gif]
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 AM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your loss.

Keep the vette 100%. Before you had it, you were making the payments on your Mustang just fine. So what has changed? Nothing.

If money is an issue right now, drop the insurance (on the vette) until you are back on your feet. Put a tight fitting cover over the car and park it in the garage.

You would regret letting such a sentimental value car go. It is a corvette on top of it!

Be strong!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

sorry for your loss. i would keep the vette for a few months to help ease the greiving a little. then i would probably sell it if i didnt need it and put that money into a retirement fund or kids college account.but thats just me
Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

First, sorry to hear about your dad. I know from experience how hard that can be. I agree those who recommended waiting a few months to make a decision, but my $.02, is keep it, and NEVER, NEVER sell it. Years down the road, you'll love saying it was your father's car, telling your kids it was their grandfather's etc.

Or at the very least, keep it for a while. You can always change your mind and sell it....it's much harder though to sell it and then decide you want it back.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Thank you to everybody for your kind words,Your giving me goose bumps. After a long conversation with the wife, We agreed to keep both. Putting the Vette in storage except for special occassions. I do love the Vette. It's just my dad was always a bow tie guy,and I always been a Ford guy. It was alot of fun razzingeach other. Thanks again to everybody. I look forward to many more post.