Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you park???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 AM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Where do you park???????????????

if it put a dent in your car walmart will pay for it,,they sent my girlfriend a $2800 check,because of a cart denting the back 1/4 panel and knocking off the paint,,we asked to see the camera's and they said dont worry about it..
Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Sticky Mustang
1st Gear Member

i park kinda far but where i can see my car, i never park out in the back where **** can mess up your car.[sm=loser.gif]
Old 07-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: chays446

if it put a dent in your car walmart will pay for it,,they sent my girlfriend a $2800 check,because of a cart denting the back 1/4 panel and knocking off the paint,,we asked to see the camera's and they said dont worry about it..
hmm, maybe my cars dent in the rear quarter happened at walmart
Old 07-21-2007, 01:14 AM
sp00fs
1st Gear Member

at my school parking structure, i park at either end of the lot, so only one car is next to me,
Old 07-21-2007, 01:16 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Fletch

The trick is not to park far away and out from everyone. Park amoungst the other cars...just pay attention to what KIND of car you park next to. Some dude with a BMW is not going to put his door into you.

~Fletch~
Not always the case. I can't even count how many people I've seen wedge their $70 000 Escalade or Mercedes or whatever into the tightest little spots in parking lots. They have lots of money and apparently it's no big deal if they ding their car (and possibly yours) or not.

If you're gonna try parking next to vehicles that you don't think will pose a threat, look at what kind of condition they're in, not what the emblem on the hood says. There are lots of people with not-fancy vehicles who take excellent care of their stuff, and even if their car isn't super expensive, they probably won't hurt your car if you park near them. Just look for extremely clean, well looked after, un-dented vehicles to park next to. If you don't wanna park out in the middle of nowhere to avoid making yourself an easy target, that's the next best way to go.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:32 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I park mine as far from the main entrance of the store as I can even if it's a quarter mile walk. What pisses me off is what happens at my work. I work at an auto parts store that has a parking lot with about 80 spaces, usualy there's an average of 10 cars in the parking lot. For some reason even though I park all the way in the back and to the right and left of my car there's 10 empty parking spaces on each side some idiot will still park NEXT to mine. And it seems like no matter where in the back I park somebody will still do it... it pisses me off more than anything. One time I saw a guy park next to it and as he got out of the car I asked him " Do you know what the best parking space in this lot is?" He said no so I told him "It's always right next to my car, nowhere else is good enough." He asked me which one is my car and I nodded at it so he moved LOL. But it's like an idiot magnet. I had so many dents and scratches on my previous car that I bought brand new and I didn't even know where at least 1 of them came from. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 07-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Karrmer

People do that on purpose. When you park way out in the back with nothing near you people will intentionally park next to you because they know it'll **** you off.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:04 AM
moriel248

ORIGINAL: raubt
If you're gonna try parking next to vehicles that you don't think will pose a threat, look at what kind of condition they're in, not what the emblem on the hood says. There are lots of people with not-fancy vehicles who take excellent care of their stuff, and even if their car isn't super expensive, they probably won't hurt your car if you park near them. Just look for extremely clean, well looked after, un-dented vehicles to park next to. If you don't wanna park out in the middle of nowhere to avoid making yourself an easy target, that's the next best way to go.
I agree, I try and blend in, park kinda far away, but not so far as to call attention. If I must park next to someone I try and find someone that obviously takes as much care of their car as I do. You can tell who doesn't give a damn about dents and scratches and who takes their car seriously most of the time.

Of course that all goes out the window if they leave five minutes after you park, but you have to play the cards you're dealt I suppose.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:10 AM
JasonIsAGeek
1st Gear Member

What were you doing at Walmart in the first place? I avoid it within all my possible means. Anytime I go there I'm thinking, "****ing walmart." Seriously, since I've stopped buying groceries(horray for super targets and whole foods) there, I've yet to have a good experience. I always park far out or in 'corner' spaces where I can park right next to the curb/line to leave plenty of room for error. It's hard not to park next to shopping carts at Walmart because, well, it's ****ing walmart. Sorry you had to deal with a douchebag.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

I just park far away or next to another nice car. If you park far away, you get more time to admire your mistress as you approach!

Quick Reply: Where do you park???????????????