Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: BBK throttle body

Its not worth it for the first mod at all...i think after cai/tune, full exhaust, maybe CMCV and pullies, then think about the TB....there is not a great deal in gains and alot have just had problems with our cars....all of the mods above will give you much more HP
Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

the other mods will give more hp. cai is by far the best first mod because with the restriction of the stock intake better flow from the tb wont help. but if you are having problems with your current tb I would go ahead and put on the bbk tb.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:23 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

what difference do you feel from the BBK tho.. like do your rpms fall faster, or rev quicker.. im just confused..

some one asked me the other day if i put one in, and i talked to a guy at work that put one on.. i had seen them online but always heard its no good unless youve got some kind of F/I or pushing big numbers and need the extra flow.. im only 291 to the wheels with cutouts open, (after cats), intake and custom dyno tune.. i think next would be pullies,

but if you can feel a difference in how the car responds... then i may do this, bc i hate how long it takes to rev or.. how slow the throttle is..

lookin for more info on this for sure.. thanks guys.. sorry to hijack the thread i guess?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The tune will take care of the revs falling for the most part and it will also get rid of throttle lag. Adding the TB probably isnt going to do anything for you at this point.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:08 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

If 06tyrfryer put one on both of his and they worked for him why would you say they don't work if you never have tried?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
kenholley2122

i put the bbk on when i put the full slp headers and loudmouth system on cost me about $1300 and i intalled myself. best money i spent on the car. good luck with your pick
Old 07-22-2007, 06:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have the gt500 tb kit with spacer on mine.....didnt do anything noticable to my car. I might have noticed a little quicker throttle response but not enough to justify spending 300+ on something that a tune already took car of. In general they claim up to 15 HP for some of them and cost almost 400.....they dont give something very lightly modded that much HP, maybe 5, but for the cost that 5 is not worth it when you havent done pullies or CMCV or midpipe.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:12 PM
SkyMaster19
2nd Gear Member

Worked for me. Pushing in a Predator tune for the 93 and set up next week.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Hey not to throw fuel on the fire but I just Heard (told by my shop no personnel experience) that it really isn't effective if not coupled with the correct mods. As I mentioned earlier if it's you FIRST mod perhaps you should go with CAI and Tune. I think that if you want to get TB thats fine but the car needs to breath a little better first. Just my opinion, some people have TB and like them some have tried them and hate them. Given the mixed reaction it gives me pause, who knows when I get my UDPS and 1 piece DS installed maybe I'll try one. However, I think we all have CAI's and tunes and have all benefited from them. Hence I feel safe recommending it as a first mod.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:48 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i still feel like i have a lag, or hanging revs with a custom dyno tune..

i dunno if its the electronic throttle that does it.. or what.. but its crap..

i agree tho, i will probably end up doing some other stuff b4 this like the cmcv and pullies.

Quick Reply: BBK throttle body