Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XCAL 2 doesn't work!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

Default RE: XCAL 2 doesn't work!!

ORIGINAL: hammeron

ok, i have to ask. is it possible you
have ANY lower grade octane fuel in
the system?

i'm not sure, but maybe the wrench symbol
is for a knock detection (pinging)

you would not want to run the 93 tune unless you
have 100% 93 octane in your fuel system

ORIGINAL: markiemark

Thanks. I called brenspeed and it turns out the tuner was for a 2007. Thanks Viridian who sold it to me....Anyway I received a 93 octane tune for $ and uploaded it successfully and loaded it into the car. It took a few times but I did it and now the wrench symbol is on and I'm screwed! Tried a few things and no good. Any suggestions at this point?
I have about a 1/2 tank of lower grade.But I can't even go 100ft without the symbol going on. Could that be it? Do I have to take the JLT off and reinstall the factory box just so I can ged rid of the gas in there first. That would be a PIA!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

It sounds like you canceled the tune instal. Did it say it was instaling tune? It usualy takes a few minutes. The adj. perameters are things in the tune you can change but are still part of the tune. I'm just wondering but it sounds like you canceled the install. If you plug it back in does it ofeer the ability to load 93 octane tune? If so try it agian, I think you may still be on stock tune. If I'm mis-understanding your post sorry in advance.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I was just reading the post you made agian. Did you cancel and opt for "stock tune". If you did then your running your stock tune from factory not the 93 octane tune. Stock tune is just that, a copy of the stock tune the device takes when conected so you can return it to stock later (my understanding of it).
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

First try it said Pwrup msg time out or something like that. But then I started again and went through the ques. load tune 93 octane and then it said adj. parameters and I cancelled it to use stock tune which in my sitiuation is 93 octane. when it finished I unplugged it, started the car and started driving not even 100 feet and the wrench symbol comes on.
Maybe I am reading this wrong....I don't think the 93 octane tune is your stocktune. It sounds to me like you have reloaded your stock tune, but have the CAI on the car, which is problematic....You do want to cancel when asking about adjusting parameters, but, you still want to load the custom tune, not stock tune....

Take a look at Taco Bills Sticky post for loading custom tunes, and make sure you are following those steps...

Am I reading wrong???

Mike

Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

That's what it sounds like to me too mike, you just worded it better LOL!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

That's what it sounds like to me too mike, you just worded it better LOL!
LOL...some of us are up way too early this morning....!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Yah and I need another cup of coffee begore I post things! I'm glad you cleared that up. However, thats what it sounds like to me.

Maybe I should try typing lessons also! (begore)
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

+1000 on the coffee. Spousal unit just poured me another cup......

So Mark went off line, hopefully he is out reloading the tune....C'mon Mark, the early crew needs to know.....begore we go wash the babies!!!![8D][8D]

Mike
Old 08-05-2007, 09:01 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

Sorry if I worded it wrong. I believe I did cancel adj. parameters but I did cointinue with install. I also checked the info when you scroll down past all the adjustments and those letters and #'s come up and then you can check if it stock or aftermarket. Could it possibly be that when brent emailed me the tune he forgot to put aftermarket intake? Sounds silly but it was Saturday and he was probably looking to get out of there...LOL
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

First try it said Pwrup msg time out or something like that. But then I started again and went through the ques. load tune 93 octane and then it said adj. parameters and I cancelled it to use stock tune which in my sitiuation is 93 octane. when it finished I unplugged it, started the car and started driving not even 100 feet and the wrench symbol comes on.
Maybe I am reading this wrong....I don't think the 93 octane tune is your stocktune. It sounds to me like you have reloaded your stock tune, but have the CAI on the car, which is problematic....You do want to cancel when asking about adjusting parameters, but, you still want to load the custom tune, not stock tune....

Take a look at Taco Bills Sticky post for loading custom tunes, and make sure you are following those steps...

Am I reading wrong???

Mike

I meant stock tune as far as it's the only 1 that he programmed for me! Not "stock". Sorry it's a little early for me on a Sunday too. More coffee please!

Quick Reply: XCAL 2 doesn't work!!