Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XCAL 2 doesn't work!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: XCAL 2 doesn't work!!

well if you got the correct tune installed I'd say I would have to go with Hammeron. You're overall octane may be to low since you are a ble to run for a few seconds before you get the light. Given it's a Sunday the best bet may be to switch back the intake[:@] and drive out the gas. Then swap back. these tunes are pushing the limits to get all the performance they can so a knock sensor for low octance is definetly a possibility. I just thought the way you worded it that you just had an issue with the load and could save yourself some trouble, sorry!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

You did plug in the MAF sensor after the intake install correct? And the small hose that goes from the intake tube to the valve cover?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

O.K. I'm gonna run down and try it again. I'll write down the steps I'm taking too since I might be messing up. The only thing is I won't be ab le to start or drive it yet b/c the little 1 is sleeping. I'll be back morning crew......
Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Hurry before my little one gets up and makes me take her swimming. I need closure on this!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

O.K. here's the rundown tell me if i did something wrong:
program vehicle=select
option: install tune=select
93 octane=select
turn on key
modify parameters=cancel
keep previous entered options=select
program=select
verifying stock calibration
erasing module
downloading ecm % going up
program complete then press select
turn off key=select
Then I scroll down to device info display and select. all these #'s come up and then I select and it says 4 changes left and status =aftermarket...which shows that it's in there.
Yesterday I backed out of my driveway and as soon as I gave it gas the wrench came on.
What's the problem then..
Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

You did plug in the MAF sensor after the intake install correct? And the small hose that goes from the intake tube to the valve cover?
Yes the the one to the intake tube and the new long 1 JLT supplied to the the valve cover...
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I'm gonna go with the gas agian. Sounds like the tune is installed. It appears you have everything hooked up. It sounds like it takes a few minutes before the light comes on. That or when you start to excelerate. It may be the gas and the only way to know is well go back to stock and run out the old gas. Then you can fill her up with 93. You only have half a tank of 93 at the moment (I think thats what i read). What did you have in it before then and are you sure it was only half a tank before you refilled to 93?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

program vehicle=select
93 octane=select
turn on key
modify parameters=cancel
program=select
erasing module
turn off key=select
Then I scroll down to device info display and select. all these #'s come up and then I select and it says 4 changes left and status =aftermarket...which shows that it's in there.
Yesterday I backed out of my driveway and as soon as I gave it gas the wrench came on.

Well, I'm going to have to defer to someone more familiar, but these two do not make sense to me.....While I have never changed any of the options while tuning, I have never gotten that message....so......????

Sorry Mark, hope someone can answer for ya this morning....

Mike

Old 08-05-2007, 09:49 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I'm gonna go with the gas agian. Sounds like the tune is installed. It appears you have everything hooked up. It sounds like it takes a few minutes before the light comes on. That or when you start to excelerate. It may be the gas and the only way to know is well go back to stock and run out the old gas. Then you can fill her up with 93. You only have half a tank of 93 at the moment (I think thats what i read). What did you have in it before then and are you sure it was only half a tank before you refilled to 93?
I'm running like 89 octane right now. Maybe it's just that. I'm gonna give it a shot and return to stock and replace with stock intake. Then run that crap gas out and fill with 93. Hopefully that does it. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 AM
markiemark
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

program vehicle=select
93 octane=select
turn on key
modify parameters=cancel
program=select
erasing module
turn off key=select

Well, I'm going to have to defer to someone more familiar, but these two do not make sense to me.....While I have never changed any of the options while tuning, I have never gotten that message....so......????

Sorry Mark, hope someone can answer for ya this morning....

Mike

I would think the keep previous options would be the items I selected prior to getting to that option..eg. install 93 tune or something like that. as far as the 4 changes left, I just found that by accident and it does shoew status aftermarket which I was lookiong for. Is there any other way to tell if your tune is in? Sorry about all the bs it's just pissing me off. If it was an 05-06 programmer I wouldn't be having this problem but the forum dude that sold it to me had an 07 which I diudn't know. Go figure.....

Quick Reply: XCAL 2 doesn't work!!