Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redoin my 2005 hellllpppp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Redoin my 2005 hellllpppp!!!

I decided on a really nice KB SC that I am gonna run at over 10 psi (w/e my engine can handle) but yah whipples are nice lookin but the company doesnt have the rep that KB does imo so that sold me.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You will want LTs really also, so you will need to get a new mid pipe. The cams and KB will perform much better this way.

Cams for S197
Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ah yes headers... lol i told you I forgot something. I added them to my list now....whats difference between short and long tube headers?

Engine work first lets see...
-Pypes off-road X-Pipe (Ordered)
-Axelback Borla Stingers (Already installed)
-Mustang Comp Cams Stage 3
-C&L CAI with a SCT X-CAL 2 Tuner (Ordered)
-Whipple or KB Supercharger (10-24 PSI KIT cant decide which company to go with yet advice is welcome heh)
-Pistons and Rods after I bore and stroke my engine (this, the supercharger, and the cams will happen together)

And now for the visual upgrades...
-Mustang Gauge Pillar with a Fuel Mixture and a Boost Gauge
-Hood struts
-Louvered Side Scoops (Already installed)
-Hood Pins
-Foglight covers (GT Yellow and HID Blue come with the package gonna see which one I like best)
-35% Tint (Doin this tomorrow)

Ok those are the things that I already know what I want of now for the questionable items that I need help deciding what brand and site to buy off of...
-Suspension/Lowering Kit
-Shifter
-Pistons and Rods
-Gears (thinking 4.10 but not sure)
-Grill
-Bodykit
-Spoiler
-Tires and Rims
-Headers
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

OK heres the basic lowdown. I have a 2005 GT mustang that is COMPLETLY stock, and I mean completely. So I am looking to put about 15,000 dollars into the engine (basically my money from iraq heh) and body if anything is left over. What I have been getting a feel for is totally throwing the rule book out the window here and tearing my whole engine out to be replaced by a 450(ish) sized big boy and just let my car ride. I really dont have a clue on where to go to get a affordable crate engine or what specs I would be looking for anyways. So heres what I need help with...

1. Is this a dumb idea in the first place?
2. What kinda engine should I be looking at?
3. What kinda supercharger?
4. Exhaust?
5. Cams?
6. Clutch?
7. Tires n Rims?
8. Rear ratio for FAST takeoffs
9. Shifter
10. Can I get a crate engine that is bored out and polished?
11. Pistons and Rods that will go with the engine u think I should get?
12. And any other help you think a new car guy needs

My final goal is to have a FAST ride with over 550hp to the wheels that takes off like a beast. I want it to sound as good as it preforms though, not sure what cams to get for that throaty engine roar but yah thats a necessity.

Well I hope I didnt sound too horrible with this but as you can see I reallllly need help.

Thanks a bunch yall,
James
In the words of many GT owners to the V6 owners looking to upgrade their V6's, If you're going to put that much time and money into it. Sell the GT and buy a GT500.

And if you're going to be doing that much work on your engine, go with long tube headers. Shorties are basically the same as stock.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

You won't be able to use that C&L CAI if you get a supercharger! Make up your mind fast.

Edit: I think a Saleen 'charger will work with the C&L since the intake is the stock location.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

SC is at least 6 months down the road maybe longer this is a year worth of work I am talking about the SC/CAMS/forged internals is all last the CAI and Tuner are already comming
Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

In the words of many GT owners to the V6 owners looking to upgrade their V6's, If you're going to put that much time and money into it. Sell the GT and buy a GT500.

And if you're going to be doing that much work on your engine, go with long tube headers. Shorties are basically the same as stock.
Because the new GT500 is promising 450ish RWHP and with all these mods for about 5-10 grand less than the 25k (my car) vs 45k (GT500) huge price difference with less preformance. Basically the 20k I would owe on a trade in for a GT500 is going to get me less than 15grand in the car I already have.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Stang Girl13
1st Gear Member

Thank you for severing our country. You can a complete rear axle assembly with 4.10 or 3.73 a Newtakeoff.com, for your gear mod.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Im pretty sure that I read that our engines don't like being bored. there was a thread about this a little bit ago.

If you are buying new internals and going to have the engine out anyways, Get your heads ported and polished, and buy new springs and rockers...

Blow buy racing got 450rwhp on a n/a engine.

I wouldn't buy the yellow fog light covers or a HID kit. But clear corners front/rear.

You need to get some www.meter4it.com chase taillights though.

But that's about all the advice I will give ya there, or you won't have your car, you will have what I want and I won't be unique...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

send back that pypes x pipe if you are getting long tube headers.

You can buy a GT500 engine from top to bottom with the supercharger for $15,000. Thats a 5.4 fully forged internal motor and it would take about $900 to get it easy at 600 hp to the wheels. Just something to think about if you have the cash.

Quick Reply: Redoin my 2005 hellllpppp!!!