Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question regarding new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
08BlkGT

Default Question regarding new wheels

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum here and I have got a couple questions about some things. I am in the market for some new wheels and I think I found the ones I like. I am hoping one of you may know but in the two links below is there a difference between those two wheels besides the center cap? As far as I can tell they look identical and have the same specs one just claims to be a Shelby edition. In addition the tirerack website mentions that tire pressure sensors are required but american muscle does not say anything about it. Are these in fact required on any new set of wheels I might get? I appreciate any help and answers you guys have to offer. Thanks

http://www.americanmuscle.com/20x10-...itt-black.html

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...amp;sort=Brand
Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question regarding new wheels

They are the same wheels i believe just different center caps. You don't need the TPMS sensors but you are going to have to hit the reset button everytime you get in to take the msg off that there is a fault with the system. American muscle sells the universal bands and you can reuse your sensors that are in there right now. I choose not to do that because i'm keeping my 18's and hitting the reset switch compared to spending money on bands and new sensors is very outweighed. BTW don't order from tirerack you can find better prices on the rims as you found on american muscle.