Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little pissed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A little pissed

I bought mine in CA, and the dealership asked me in finance if I wanted to have them put the plates on. If I refused, I just had to sign a waiver (which I GLADLY did).
The woman in finance looked at us and said, "I don't recommend getting the holes put in"

So you just have to go to a dealer that cares. It was the last thing on my mind when dealing with buying the car that day, so I'm glad I didn't have to remind them!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

To most dealer personel a Mustang is just another car. So whats a few holes here and there. You would think they would realize how many of there Mustang customers are car nuts and are very particular about every detail of their cars.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Like others, I didn't notice til I got home. Wow! what a great surprise to see that piece of s--- hanging on the front! Apparently the dealer put in on while I was signing finance papers. In Florida, front plates aren't required, so mine said " Joe Blow's Ford Dealership". I put two stainless steel screws in the holes and painted them the color to the car. Not really noticeable to others - but I knew it was there! Lesson: make sure you say something up front and follow up on it.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kodos78

I bought mine in CA, and the dealership asked me in finance if I wanted to have them put the plates on. If I refused, I just had to sign a waiver (which I GLADLY did).
The woman in finance looked at us and said, "I don't recommend getting the holes put in"

So you just have to go to a dealer that cares. It was the last thing on my mind when dealing with buying the car that day, so I'm glad I didn't have to remind them!
That's extrmely odd!! CA. is one of the states that doesn't issue plates of any kind when you buy a car, and also has no form(Release of Liability)of any kind to sign waiving the dealership from installing the plates. The only plates issued in the state for operation immediately when delivery of the vehicle occurs, is for the "Apportioned" plates plates on commercial vehicles.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
kovar

I live in VA and same thing happened to me. Plus, mounted it on low side so partially blocks air flow. Very annoying to say the least.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Uh yeah, it may be the law in Calif. that you need a front plate.
I'll wait for the fix-it ticket.

Still amazed I haven't been caught, considering there's so many freakin' photo grabs at intersections

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/99BD60C2F84F48B1B408258503402D41.jpg[/IMG]
Well, it's funny about this law...My last car, a 2002 Saturn, never had the brackets for a front plate installed. I drove for almost 5 years with it, and every time I got stopped, it was usually for modified exhaust or speeding. The cops never ONCE mentioned that I didn't have a front plate on the car. I think it's one of those things that if a cop wants to be a jerk about, he'll enforce it, but they don't seem to bother too much about it.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:58 PM
torqjnky
2nd Gear Member

I bought a very nice front license plate bracketfrom www.ccmustangbrackets.com. Mine is powder coated black and looks great.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Yes, I know the feel. My dealer did this exactly.... But, then I got the Roush fascia and TX tags and noticed I had to do it my self. Could not find a decent retractable or otherwise plate holder that would allow me to not drill holes...oh, well.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

Thankfully, here in Idaho, you own the plates and transfer them from car to car. It's up to the owner to install them. We're a front plate state, but 18 months later, no one has said a word about my missing plate. It's in the trunk!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: sandy

Like others, I didn't notice til I got home. Wow! what a great surprise to see that piece of s--- hanging on the front! Apparently the dealer put in on while I was signing finance papers. In Florida, front plates aren't required, so mine said " Joe Blow's Ford Dealership". I put two stainless steel screws in the holes and painted them the color to the car. Not really noticeable to others - but I knew it was there! Lesson: make sure you say something up front and follow up on it.

I agree with 'nkx1' , I would be so mad about a moron taking liberty to drill holes to my front cover. But in your case (I live in FL also), I'd make them replace that front bumper or they keep the freaking car! Bunch of douche bags,I'm not the whinny type but I'll blow a fuse on that one.

Quick Reply: A little pissed