Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little pissed

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:42 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Default A little pissed

Just noticed that the stupid dealer attached the front license plate frame via two thick metal screws directly into the front bumper. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed. What would be so hard about letting the customer decide whether or not they would like that done or not, especially given that they sell metal brackets specifically so you dont have to screw into the bumper? Jackasses. The rear license plate is attached via four huge metal screws directly into the bumper also.

I don't know about the '05sand '06s, but the '07s have no indentation for the front license plate, and I was planning on just leaving the front one off for looks. But now I have two huge holes to deal with. Maybe I'll just get some plastic screw covers and paint them silver to cover up the holes. The holes should look great with the clear bra I was planning on installing too[sm=smiley24.gif]
Old 08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A little pissed

I agree, the should ask.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Doc Holiday
2nd Gear Member

Stop crying like a little girl! Try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole family, and get some real problems... Jackass!

JK...
My dealer did the same thing. Pissed me off too! Thing is, I was standing right there, waiting for him to hand me the f-ing keys and he bends down in front of the car and starts screwing these 3/4" wood screws into my front bumper! Biatch! I was like... "WTF!!!!".

I bought my car in Virginia, so I guess it's mandatory there, but not where I live in NC. I just had a buddy of mine that works in a body shop fill it in, and touch it up with some factory paint. Looks pretty good, but still pissed me off that he did that. I had actually forgot about it until your post...lol.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: nkx1

I don't know about the '05sand '06s, but the '07s have no indentation for the front license plate, [sm=smiley24.gif]
I have an 07 and the indentions ARE there on the front bumper on mine.[:@]
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Well, are they at least parallel? My car already had the dealer plate screwed in before I purchased it, but the nimrods made the holes about a couple of mm off[:@]Doesn't sound like much, but when you really, really look at it, you can tell it's ever so slightly crooked. Luckily now my stripes distract anyone from staring at the plate. Buy a take-off bumper cover(they shouldn't have holes in them since they comeoff cars that never get dealer prepped).
Old 08-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Front plate is required in Cali, so the dealers automatically screw them on.
I took mine off, and put plugs painted to match in the holes.
Haven't been stooped yet.
Maybe it's because usually all they see is my rearend.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

That's one advantage of picking out your car as soon as it's come off the truck from Michigan.
Or ordering one. Just make sure they have orders posted on your car to NOT screw in those bolts!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Don't need front tags in GA ... and I had the body shop fill the indentations on the Shelby bumper before painting so it's nice and smooth ...
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

As mentioned its required in Cali....so by law he would have to do this i think
Old 08-25-2007, 04:28 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad they don't require front plates in Az. I have an 07 V6 and it has a place for the plates in front.

Quick Reply: A little pissed