Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:53 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

The paint and body shop I deal with has the contract for the local Ford dealer and he is constantly swamped. And that's just working for one dealer; he does of course do outside work but the dealer gets top priority. As a matter of fact I'm dropping my car off to him Monday to get my hood repainted and it will probably be there all week.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

Need to vent and inform.

I will never buy a new car again.
I have an 2006 GT that curently has 12k, Tungsten Grey. Brought issues to dealers attention at 9k.

Turns out my whole rear drivers quarter was painted, has started to peel..clearcoat, paint chiping away at the gas door..water getting under clear. Horrible.
Confronted dealer (in texas) claimed 1st. I did it, then it was the Transport, then it was a warranty issue...said they'd get it resloved an contact my local dealer in VA (I was moving)

Didn't do it.

Ford denied my warranty claim, dealer denies my claim...they expect me just to sit here with my paint falling off...not to mention the whole quarter is a different color...(got noticeable with time)

Now I have a Lawyer but ****...not much you can do when battleing Ford....

Absolutley disgusts me. $1400 to fix. Lawyer says I hopefully will get $4-$5k but could go to trial...2-3 yrs...etc...

I will never buy new again...I will never buy from Ford again...your warranty is worthless...they won't even honor my front bumper..which is a seperate issue...mottling on the front bumper...looks all patchy..."I don't see it"

FYI. Dealer was Bill Utter Ford in Denton Tx.
Some advice.........do not threaten to not buy a Ford agin......Ford is one of the worst to deal with. Say are they going to stand behind their product? Threats = denial of claim .....good luck
Old 12-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: light speed

you modded your car and expected them to accept your warranty? wow

ORIGINAL: light speed

this is why you dont mod it
Are you retarded or something?? First off I don't remember the original poster mentioning anything about any mods. Secondly, what do any mods have to do with paint issues? Stop acting stupid.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Was wondering the same thing...

I put a CAI and it might affect the paint on my quarter.
Boy, call me lucky for owning a shop[8D].
Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Unless you buy a Lexus or better, expect that sort of treatment from any car company!
It's become like that movie The Rainmaker, where company's first step upon receiving a complaint like your is to "DENY THE CLAIM"! They want to make it so difficult to resolve the problem that you'll just quit and go away.
Hiring a lawyer will rarely help, because he/she takes too much of any settlement and most of those things don't go to trial but to arbitration!
All you can do is keep taking it back to dealerships. Maybe one that wants your business will make you happy and take care of it?