Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt 350 question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gt 350 question

Its funny to me how there is such a variety of opinions on this. I dont see how it would be rice though since rice originally meant modified imports. Now its become basically everything. Whatever, its the internet.....good for some info and just a plain waste of my time on others.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I tend to not like posers. It really dumbs down the real cars ya know?

But, there is no GT 300 or GT 350... So they're not posing, they're just using cool stickers. Also, at least they do have a GT and do have 300-350hp, so if you dismiss the history of the name and take it literally then it makes more sense.

Either way, its not real so its not posing imo.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: p51mstg

That's why I said it never had anything to do with horsepower. Had to do with FEET.
Please elaborate- you have piqued my curiosity. I never understood exactly what the 350 or 500 numbers were supposed to stand for.

Ding ding ding. Because it was 350 feet from the parts rack to the assembly hoist.
I love Google................

"How did the car come to be named a GT 350? It's been said that the 350 came from an discussion at Shelby American while trying to come up with a name for the Cobra-Mustang. Carroll Shelby is said to have asked how many feet it was from the office to the workshop buildings. Phil Remington told him it was 350 feet. So it was called a GT 350. The 350 was also 100 something larger than any GT Ferrari offered."
Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

That's why I said it never had anything to do with horsepower. Had to do with FEET.
Please elaborate- you have piqued my curiosity. I never understood exactly what the 350 or 500 numbers were supposed to stand for.

Ding ding ding. Because it was 350 feet from the parts rack to the assembly hoist.

"How did the car come to be named a GT 350? It's been said that the 350 came from an discussion at Shelby American while trying to come up with a name for the Cobra-Mustang. Carroll Shelby is said to have asked how many feet it was from the office to the workshop buildings. Phil Remington told him it was 350 feet. So it was called a GT 350. The 350 was also 100 something larger than any GT Ferrari offered."

Yea I read that one too. Depends on which site you visit. I got my info off of the History Channel. But who are they? Regardless, it's a feet thing.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 AM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Yea I read that one too. Depends on which site you visit. I got my info off of the History Channel. But who are they? Regardless, it's a feet thing.

The length of the first burnout.... the price of the mods to turn a regular 1965 Mustang into a GT350.... the number of heart transplants Shelby has had in his lifetime... the amount ofHenry Ford II'sbar tab.... the number of hit contracts put out on John Delorean....
They're all LIES, LIES, LIES! [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Sure, I could've used Google, but I was just TESTING everyone! Muhahaha.....

I agree withohnoesaz- I don't think it's rice or posing, for the same reasons previously cited.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

The length of the first burnout.... the price of the mods to turn a regular 1965 Mustang into a GT350.... the number of heart transplants Shelby has had in his lifetime... the amount ofHenry Ford II'sbar tab.... the number of hit contracts put out on John Delorean....
They're all LIES, LIES, LIES! [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Sure, I could've used Google, but I was just TESTING everyone! Muhahaha.....

I agree withohnoesaz- I don't think it's rice or posing, for the same reasons previously cited.

I used to have a Mustang book that had all that in it. I sold it at the last garage sale after we sold the 67. Now 2 years later, we are back in business. History repeats itself. I view it as posing because there USED to be a GT350. He is playing on the past reputation. Also, rice is in the eye of the beholder. Sure, it used to be of Japanese origin, but now, I view it as any add on that is bogus.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well, regard less of what it means, it's not factory.
Those were most likely added by the owner, which may account for the problems. Just get a hair drier, heat them up and start peeling.