Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

When trouble shooting problems the key element is finding the root cause and fixing it. IMHO the root cause is the stopping point of the pedal at idle.Tube’s clever idea of bending the brushes corrects the problem in a secondary way but is not fixing the root cause.

My April 10, 07 build car does not have the problem but if it did I think I’d make Ford fix it. From the responses on the thread there are many cars do not have the problem so Ford should be able to provide a throttle assembly that works correctly.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Geez. This place has got to be the "Jerry Springer" of all mustang forums out there. Pathetic.

This is the best tech yet on this crappy board and people want to bash the guy who started it.

Any wonder why a bunch of us moved away?

Adios.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

^ i gotta wonder what happens when/if the tape comes loose. could it wedge in there and keep the pedel pressed down? this seems the easiest, but the allen headed bolt actually seemed like the safest idea, and tubes idea definately deserves kudos for him figuring it out.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Bandit111
2nd Gear Member

Ya,KUDOS.I redid it and it is definetaly an improvement.Now..if all these very bright people in this thread(not me) could come together with a LOW COST FI solution,that's what i'm talkin bout. (i can dream can't i?,lol)
Old 09-01-2007, 08:26 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

Geez. This place has got to be the "Jerry Springer" of all mustang forums out there. Pathetic.

This is the best tech yet on this crappy board and people want to bash the guy who started it.

Any wonder why a bunch of us moved away?

Adios.
No, not really. Did somebody move away?

But, yeah, you're right. I haven't found a single reason for anyone to haveflamed/bashed Tube or his mod. And what's wrong with Springer? That show is the bomb sometimes, man! C'mon, you gotta admit it![sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bandit111

Ya,KUDOS.I redid it and it is definetaly an improvement.Now..if all these very bright people in this thread(not me) could come together with a LOW COST FI solution,that's what i'm talkin bout. (i can dream can't i?,lol)
So which mod did you do and why did you have to re-do it?

Low cost FI = leafblower strapped to the inlet tube and extra lengths of power cord. Voilla/enjoy.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:33 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

^ i gotta wonder what happens when/if the tape comes loose. could it wedge in there and keep the pedel pressed down? this seems the easiest, but the allen headed bolt actually seemed like the safest idea, and tubes idea definately deserves kudos for him figuring it out.
I wouldnt worry too much about that since this is the same tape that ford uses to secure the shaker hoods and Rear Spoilers. Once you put 3m tape on something, it's a major pain in the *** to remove.

ORIGINAL: 8178A

IMHO the root cause is the stopping point of the pedal at idle.Tube’s clever idea of bending the brushes corrects the problem in a secondary way but is not fixing the root cause.
Actually the pedal movement is measured by the location on the brushes on the carbon strips. If you break open a bunch of pedal assemblies and look, you will see that the brushes hit the carbon strips in different areas. The pedals themselves will be in the same location. Moving the stoping point of the pedal changes where the brushes rest on the carbon strips. Wheras, relocating the carbon strips does not change the location of the pedal.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I would agree with 8178A, this is an issue that the warranty should take care of. I never once said it was bad idea I said 6 poeple doing it doesnt make it sucsessful and I still believe that. I did say however that the risk is not worth the reward and that has been strengthened by the warranty comments made above. If you have the background and want to do it great go for it(I believe I something to that affect too). If your car is stock and a dealer finds out youhave done this your warranty is most likely toast. Most dont care much about that as we mod our cars anyways. I didnt bash anyone I just dont think this a mod for just anybody and if asked I wouldnt recommend it but rather would say take it to the dealer since you do pay for that 3yr 36k warranty.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: Bandit111

So which mod did you do and why did you have to re-do it?

Low cost FI = leafblower strapped to the inlet tube and extra lengths of power cord. Voilla/enjoy.
ACTUALLY now that you mention it.

Why couldnt you get a secondary alternator attached to your drive belt that serves to power a high output electric turbine. You could take it a step further and use a bigass Capacitor to assist in powering the turbine. Think about it, boost only when you want it.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

I would agree with 8178A, this is an issue that the warranty should take care of. I never once said it was bad idea I said 6 poeple doing it doesnt make it sucsessful and I still believe that. I did say however that the risk is not worth the reward and that has been strengthened by the warranty comments made above. If you have the background and want to do it great go for it(I believe I something to that affect too). If your car is stock and a dealer finds out youhave done this your warranty is most likely toast. Most dont care much about that as we mod our cars anyways. I didnt bash anyone I just dont think this a mod for just anybody and if asked I wouldnt recommend it but rather would say take it to the dealer since you do pay for that 3yr 36k warranty.
It is illegal for a dealer to void a warranty based on a modification. They could, however, deny coveragefor your pedal. Worst case you are out $50.

Quick Reply: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)