Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa owners

Not to hijack your thread, but can I interpose a question or two? I also ordered the Corsas from Brenspeed (should be here in a couple of days). When I bought my 08, I also had the dealer throw in an FRPP X-Pipe when I bought my car (not yet installed). Anybody have that combo? Anything wrong with that combo? I'll be installing both the X-Pipe and Corsas this weekend. Any advice on which order to install them? It seems that doing the X-Pipe first, but not tightening the clamp that connects the X-Pipe to the exhaust pipe leading to the mufflers, then installing the mufflers and finally tightening the clamps might be the way to go. Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

I think the "pontoon" thing comes from the fact that you can see them from the rear hanging under the bumper
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lqdslvr

Not to hijack your thread, but can I interpose a question or two? I also ordered the Corsas from Brenspeed (should be here in a couple of days). When I bought my 08, I also had the dealer throw in an FRPP X-Pipe when I bought my car (not yet installed). Anybody have that combo? Anything wrong with that combo? I'll be installing both the X-Pipe and Corsas this weekend. Any advice on which order to install them? It seems that doing the X-Pipe first, but not tightening the clamp that connects the X-Pipe to the exhaust pipe leading to the mufflers, then installing the mufflers and finally tightening the clamps might be the way to go. Any thoughts?
I've heard them in person and it sounds pretty good (from memory of last April). Just a bit louder. Again, it was from memory so I don't remember exactly.

ORIGINAL: NJBLK07GT

I think the "pontoon" thing comes from the fact that you can see them from the rear hanging under the bumper
Correct, and I can kinda see how they look like that, but obviously, I've gotten over it

Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Just like the stock or other exhausts - still don't get it - they look fine to me -Oh well -Thanks again for the feedback. I will be joining the Corsa Club soon!

ORIGINAL: NJBLK07GT

Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

Im almost sold on the stingers for my vert only because I love that low rumble and want to hear it in the drivers seat, if the corsa's can do that..

If they are to loud ill come on here and sell my frpp stingers and buy the corsa's, if they are great ill let you guys know
Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

If you look at the date of my original post - the reason I did not go Corsa was because they strated to go crazy on the price. If money were no object, I would have Corsas now. Had to back off but Borlas/FRPPs would be my second choice - Never heard Stingers but from what I read, seem too loud for me. 3 months later - I'm still on the fence. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

You will love them, they sound completely different then any other muffler.
However if you like a deep muscle car tone these are not for you.
These mufflers have a more tinny tone to them, hence why they don’t drone because the deeper drone frequencies have been canceled out.

After about 500 miles their tones changes and they become a little louder and a little deeper.
They are quiet at cruise and scream like a wild banshee at WOT.
They do hang down a bit as you can see from the pictures but it is not objectionable, and the exhaust tips looks awesome.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

They do sound different, I listend to some sounds clips on youtube, and they sound very nice at WOT, and very humble at low rpm. Sounds like a mondern V8.

Im still leaning towards the FRPP/borla "stingers", if they are to loud ill sell them and go back to stalk.. 600 is a lot to pay for an exaust!