Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER NEW PROBLEM...Speedometer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default ANOTHER NEW PROBLEM...Speedometer!

Hi Guys!

I haven't taken my car in yet to get the fuel level sensor replaced. That comes tomorrow... But this morning, I had another issue with the Stang. On my way to work, the speedometer stops working. First it drops to 0 while I'm driving, then it will every-so-often come back up but it won't read accurately when it does. Anyone else have this problem? I wondering if it's common...I just want to make sure the dealer fixes it with no excuses. [:@]

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ANOTHER NEW PROBLEM...Speedometer!

Never had that issue with mine but I wish you luck. Let us know what the stealership says is the problem.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

Low battery? My dads 2006 Mustang turned the speedometer, A/C, radio, and windows off a few minutes before the battery died. Whats is the fuel level sensor problem? sometimes my 2007 Stang reads less then 50 miles to empty when its a full tank of gas.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: steveo555

Low battery? My dads 2006 Mustang turned the speedometer, A/C, radio, and windows off a few minutes before the battery died. Whats is the fuel level sensor problem? sometimes my 2007 Stang reads less then 50 miles to empty when its a full tank of gas.
Sure, I will keep everyone posted! I don't think it's a low battery. It took me 45 minutes to get to work and it started doing this right when I got on the freeway and didn't changed once I got to work. No problems with anything else electrical in the car either. The fuel level sensor problem Ihad was last week I had almost a full tank and the next day it said I was on E. No gas light came on or anything though. It's been fluctuating ever since. There is a TSB on it though so your warranty will cover it when you take it to the dealer. I would gets your's checked out too.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yes mine broke too and it was replaced under my extended warranty. Thank God because it was a 500 dollar plus job. My car was made 09/2004. This month is her birthday.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Yes mine broke too and it was replaced under my extended warranty. Thank God because it was a 500 dollar plus job. My car was made 09/2004. This month is her birthday.
YIKES! That's a lot of $$$ for something like that. Do you know what the problem was exactly when they fixed it? Just curious...thanks!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Bump
Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 AM
bobNCSU

Most likely it is the vehicle speed sensor - my brother's Taurus was exhibiting the same symptoms, and it was about a $75 part which you just unhooked the wiring harness, and unscrewed directly from the tranny housing.

Hope that helps!

------------------
2006 Mustang GT | Black on Black | Manual | Stock
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

the same thing happend to me yestreday, i was going home from school it said i was going 0 MPH and at some points i would be going back in time, when i sped up it would go past the zero to about 20MPH but it was nowhere close to how fast i was going. i also had the fuel gauge pattern a while ago it kind of fixed itself, i was thinking maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to maybe a gt cintrument pannel with Mycolor, does anyone know if when they fix the problem witht the speedo and fuel gauge they have to replace the instrument cluster?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: urnamethere

the same thing happend to me yestreday, i was going home from school it said i was going 0 MPH and at some points i would be going back in time, when i sped up it would go past the zero to about 20MPH but it was nowhere close to how fast i was going. i also had the fuel gauge pattern a while ago it kind of fixed itself, i was thinking maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to maybe a gt cintrument pannel with Mycolor, does anyone know if when they fix the problem witht the speedo and fuel gauge they have to replace the instrument cluster?
I'm curious about this as well. I would really like to have the 8 gauge cluster anyways...

The car goes in tomorrow morning, so Thursday morning I'll see what happens.

Thanks!