Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

I speed away from cops ALL the time.

In my dreams[8D]
Old 09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

An ATV? WTF?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Eleanor06

Wake up and realize your car, your life, or someone elses car and life are worth a whole lot more than a cell phone or speeding ticket.
+1
DUDE I LOVE YOU CAR!!! THE COWL HOOD IS PERFECT ON THAT KIT!

-John
Old 09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
fastmxer9
1st Gear Member

IM sure i'll get bashed for what im about to say but oh well. here it goes.

about a year ago, summer 06, when i had a dodge durango my buddy was driving it home from a partyat about 3:30am. I was in the backseat with a good buzz going on, we had two girls who were also buzzing along with me, an empty keg, and a cooler of liqour. We're all 16, and the buddy driving had gotten like 2 tickets within the last month. ok so we're driving down this road the speed limit is 35, the buddy driving is doing 60. we going flying by a closed pik n run station with 3 cops sitting in it. They all turn there lights on and come after us. the buddy driving floors it. we make some corners eventually get the car up to like 120, and we finally end up on this straight long dark road. the guy driving turns the lights off and we're flying down some back road at about 70. We're all celebrating and then the road comes to an end and we go crashing into the woods. i sobered up really quick after that. luckily the only thing that happened were the running boards got tweaked, so i took those off (no biggie) and the alignment was F***** up. The cops never found us and we backed out and drove home.

That same summer about a month later, and i got the F-250 and me and some buddies are out playing around it a huge sub division under construction, that we had broken into. it was fun, big huge fields of mud. any how cops come and i haul *** across a field and the cop tryed to chase me and got stuck. i got onto a road in the place that had like a foot high concrete median, and im hauling it down this road when i see lights in my review. i let him get closer to me and then i cross over the median. lol. the cop car cant cross it cuz it sits too low. so i haul it the other way the cop stops trying to figure out what to do cuz the median went a long ways. i got away and finally go home that night and find a note from the county police on my front door. it said please call officer so and so about case _________ . well my parents are outta town and im scared sh**less. turns out the note was about a domestic violence case in the neighborhood or something. I got away again.

and well a cop on a four wheeler.... if i knew the area good id hit the gas
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

well.... I think u did the right thing..... not worth the risk for such a minor offense..... if u run and still get busted by the radio ahead... your totally ****ed!!! maybe charge u with a felony and away u go in cuffs...... if your doing 120 then... maybe I see it worht the strech to drop the hammer all the way and try to evade.... but not for 10 over or cell charge...just not worth it....IMO
Old 09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

just pass him a twenty and call it a day hes probually pissed beacuse the has to drive an atv to pull over mustangs all day
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Damn I can't believe they gave you a ticket for that. What a jerk. I bet he told all his friends about how he pulled over a stang on his atv hough
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

I would have though it was a joke
an atv cop wtf I've never seen a cop on an atv

in this area a cop on an atv wouldn't give many tickets (theres a part of a road thats really good for speeding and loads of people do 70+ on it even though the speed limit is 45)
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastmxer9
Snip Snip.
You are 17 with a mustang and drive like a fukin' idiot; man I feel sorry for the family that you will eventually kill.
You better hope you die along with them or you will spend the better part of your life in butt poundin' prison.

WTF is with cops on ATVs?
I have never seen such a thing except at the beach.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

When I was in this situation a few days ago, I pulled over (like a pansy) and got hit with a cell phone usage ticket (using the cell while driving is illegal in Chicago). Now that I think about it though, I should have floored it, or at least continued at my current speed...those ATVs don't go past 40mph and I would've been fine. I don't think he had my plate anyway cause he was a far ways back....

oh well, more money down the drain. Damn.
I hadn't read that the ATV cop didn't have your plates cuz he was far back when he pulled out, I would've totally ran for it then, I thought he had your plates for sure! Thats a crappy way to get a ticket but at least you didnt get hit for speeding too or tint or no front plates or emissions or any of that b.s. either. Any encounter with the man always makes me think "phew, at least it didn't go worse!" [8D]