Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

ORIGINAL: NewRoushPonyOwner
ORIGINAL: imyy4u
When I was in this situation a few days ago, I pulled over (like a pansy) and got hit with a cell phone usage ticket (using the cell while driving is illegal in Chicago). Now that I think about it though, I should have floored it, or at least continued at my current speed...those ATVs don't go past 40mph and I would've been fine. I don't think he had my plate anyway cause he was a far ways back....

oh well, more money down the drain. Damn.
I hadn't read that the ATV cop didn't have your plates cuz he was far back when he pulled out, I would've totally ran for it then, I thought he had your plates for sure! Thats a crappy way to get a ticket but at least you didnt get hit for speeding too or tint or no front plates or emissions or any of that b.s. either. Any encounter with the man always makes me think "phew, at least it didn't go worse!" [8D]
how could he tell you were on the phone if he couldn't see your plate?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 AM
fastmxer9
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

ORIGINAL: fastmxer9
Snip Snip.
You are 17 with a mustang and drive like a fukin' idiot; man I feel sorry for the family that you will eventually kill.
You better hope you die along with them or you will spend the better part of your life in butt poundin' prison.

WTF is with cops on ATVs?
I have never seen such a thing except at the beach.
I drive like a ****in' idiot huh? didyou not notice that in the 1st story it wasnt me driving. and in the second story it was in a construction site. There was not a single person around except for me and the cop. I think i drive pretty dam safely for a 17yo, a lot more safely then most.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Team RamRod

I would have pulled over, too. What ever happened to taking ownership of our actions, good or bad?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: fastmxer9
I drive like a ****in' idiot huh? didyou not notice that in the 1st story it wasnt me driving. and in the second story it was in a construction site. There was not a single person around except for me and the cop. I think i drive pretty dam safely for a 17yo, a lot more safely then most.
It doesn't matter if you were driving or sitting in the back seat, the fact that the driver and any other passenger in the car put everyone's lives at risk by running from the police, driving blinded, and screwing off in the car.

How can any of you say "just floor and run from the cops"? Let me enlighten you. When I was young I had a freind kill himself and 3 othergirls who were all 15 years old. Why? because they were ****ing around in the car. Someone last month trying to outrun the cops because of a traffic violation slammed into the side of a truck killing a 26 year old pregnant mother of 2.

Oh yea really ****ing smart to tell anyone here to put their life or anyone elses life at risk over a fine. Geezuz people smarten up.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

I would have done the same thing you did. Its one thing to see a cop and take off, but once those lights (or in this case the one light) are on, its time to pull over.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: NewRoushPonyOwner
ORIGINAL: imyy4u
When I was in this situation a few days ago, I pulled over (like a pansy) and got hit with a cell phone usage ticket (using the cell while driving is illegal in Chicago). Now that I think about it though, I should have floored it, or at least continued at my current speed...those ATVs don't go past 40mph and I would've been fine. I don't think he had my plate anyway cause he was a far ways back....

oh well, more money down the drain. Damn.
I hadn't read that the ATV cop didn't have your plates cuz he was far back when he pulled out, I would've totally ran for it then, I thought he had your plates for sure! Thats a crappy way to get a ticket but at least you didnt get hit for speeding too or tint or no front plates or emissions or any of that b.s. either. Any encounter with the man always makes me think "phew, at least it didn't go worse!" [8D]
how could he tell you were on the phone if he couldn't see your plate?
because i was in the right lane, he was in the right turn lane, and i saw him look right at me when i was on the phone. however when i passed him, he looked down to start up his ATV rather than look at my plate (i was watching in the rear view mirror), so i don't think he had my plate...besides it's 7 numbers anyways and it's hard to remember after just one look.

point is, i feel stupid for stopping for a cop on an ATV...i mean i could've pretended i thought he was after someone else and just kept going, it's not like he could catch me on that ATV thing.

and FWIW, cops in chicagos have 4 modes of transportation: horses, ATVs, segways (!!!), and police cruisers. i see all 4 on a daily basis...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I wouldn't feel stupid, ATV's can haul some serious *** in a short amount of time. It is more or less a 4 wheel motorcycle. I am definately not comparing it to a mustang but he could have gotten close enough, fast enough to get your plate.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

It was probably a good idea you pulled over. Those ATV's actually go faster than you think and if you did run and get caught you'd be in a world of hurt. I live in the Chicago area and have had a couple of run ins with downtown cops and you're better off being as nice and resptectfull to them as possible because they can your worst nightmare if they are pissed off.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 AM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

Part of the responsibility of speeding, racing etc is having the ***** to stand up and face the music if caught. If a cop lights you up stop, be respectful and accept the ticket - you earned it.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ADudeInNewJersey

Next time just Run BITCH!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol j/k

-John
...You would. Hahahahaha