Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default What would you do?

Here's the situation: you're on a loooong, straight highway type road (Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago) but the speed limit is 45mph. You're cruising down the road at 55mph in your Mustang when you see a cop on an ATV pull out behind you and flash it's sole rotating blue light for you to pull over. There is about 10 miles+ of empty, 5 lane-wide (per side) highway ahead of you with no intersections, very little traffic, and a few exits where you could easily disappear in city traffic. What do you do?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

When I was in this situation a few days ago, I pulled over (like a pansy) and got hit with a cell phone usage ticket (using the cell while driving is illegal in Chicago). Now that I think about it though, I should have floored it, or at least continued at my current speed...those ATVs don't go past 40mph and I would've been fine. I don't think he had my plate anyway cause he was a far ways back....

oh well, more money down the drain. Damn.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

You can't out run the Radio and to say you were a pansy for not running is very stupid to be honest. Don't you ever watch those worlds wildest police chases. You always lose. One way or another.

Richard
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

You can't out run the Radio and to say you were a pansy for not running is very stupid to be honest. Don't you ever watch those worlds wildest police chases. You always lose. One way or another.

Richard
ok, say he radio's ahead for another cop...that's why you jump off at an exit up ahead. plus you'd slow down after a minute or so, so even if they somehowpulled you over up ahead, you'd be going the speed limit and could say it wasn't you. they can't prove anything without your plate #...
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you will lose, you would have been an idiot to run....so you have your choice of idiot or pansy....i think i will take pansy and keep my self out of jail or a morgue
Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

You can't outrun a radio...

Odds are he'll let you go or just give you 5 over.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you will lose, you would have been an idiot to run....so you have your choice of idiot or pansy....i think i will take pansy and keep my self out of jail or a morgue
+1
Old 09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

Here's the situation: you're on a loooong, straight highway type road (Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago) but the speed limit is 45mph. You're cruising down the road at 55mph in your Mustang when you see a cop on an ATV pull out behind you and flash it's sole rotating blue light for you to pull over. There is about 10 miles+ of empty, 5 lane-wide (per side) highway ahead of you with no intersections, very little traffic, and a few exits where you could easily disappear in city traffic. What do you do?
Wake up and realize your car, your life, or someone elses car and life are worth a whole lot more than a cell phone or speeding ticket.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Next time just Run BITCH!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol j/k

-John
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Wake up and realize your car, your life, or someone elses car and life are worth a whole lot more than a cell phone or speeding ticket.
+1