Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

antenna installation gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: antenna installation gone wrong

Normally very easy!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Toad
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puckhog407

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I wish I could remember who I got mine on eBay for you. It didn't need an adapter.
I wish you could remember too. That 14" billet antenna came in over the weekend and it didn't have the correct thread adapter for my car. Such a simple thing made complicated ... now I think I'll have to go find an adapter that fits.
Where'd you buy your antenna from? I'll make sure not to get mine from them.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
MlissaG

ORIGINAL: Menace

You aren't the only one. I got the 14" and tested the different attachments to see which one screwed into the car... Thought I found the right one, started screwing... Then went to tighten it and it spun right off and snapped inside. Went and got the screw extractor, got it out from the antenae but getting it out from the car was much more difficult. I ended up screwing the inside up and now nothing will fit there. I went to get a new one, but Ford says it's all one piece. Goes down the fender, along the block, and in through the firewall. The only disconnect is beneath the passenger dash. I could always try disconnecting it at the top and crimping the new one, but now I just think I want to get it removed and filled... Who knows.
This is exactly what happened to me and Im still not sure what to do about it- In my defense I made my dad tighten it because he is a beast of a man but he doesnt know his own strength sometimes and and he broke it off in there.... it sucked hard core and im not ashamed to say I cried (the car was only a month old if that)
and the 8inI got was from american muscle
Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MlissaG

ORIGINAL: Menace

You aren't the only one. I got the 14" and tested the different attachments to see which one screwed into the car... Thought I found the right one, started screwing... Then went to tighten it and it spun right off and snapped inside. Went and got the screw extractor, got it out from the antenae but getting it out from the car was much more difficult. I ended up screwing the inside up and now nothing will fit there. I went to get a new one, but Ford says it's all one piece. Goes down the fender, along the block, and in through the firewall. The only disconnect is beneath the passenger dash. I could always try disconnecting it at the top and crimping the new one, but now I just think I want to get it removed and filled... Who knows.
This is exactly what happened to me and Im still not sure what to do about it- In my defense I made my dad tighten it because he is a beast of a man but he doesnt know his own strength sometimes and and he broke it off in there.... it sucked hard core and im not ashamed to say I cried (the car was only a month old if that)
and the 8inI got was from american muscle
you think thats a problem try breaking a bolt off into your one of your heads when installing headers. My buddy did and thats on an 03 cobra so a new head isnt very cheap.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

take off the stocker, remove the ball on the end with a little muscle, cut the antenna to desired length, grind down end so little ball fits back on, replace ball, paint black (if needed, might scratch something), put back on car... looks like new
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Where'd you buy your antenna from? I'll make sure not to get mine from them.
[/quote]

Toad ... got it from ebay from a place called AntennaX. I obviously do NOT recommend these guys. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through all of this garbage because of a flippin' antenna.
On an even more frustrating note, my response from the place after I e-mailed them was this:
"The best way to get it on there is to screw the thread adapter only part of the way into the car and then see if there's enough thread for the antenna to grab".
What great customer service.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

AntennaX.com They have many ads on ebay selling these antennas for Mustangs. Only problem is, like I said, they don't fit Mustangs.