Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT XCalibrator

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:35 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SCT XCalibrator

do this or do them JMS performance package 4, 35rwhp, but with 4.30 gears? 1000 though? for 100 bucks in parts.. you got to love america [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

btw what the heck is a Charge Motion Plate Kit (IMRC Deletes)? they are saying it adds 10hp... hummm
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

so is it easy to use or what?
ORIGINAL: mac10chap

all i have to say is that around noon, UPS knocked on my door with a big steeda box.[sm=happy046.gif] either way, i put the steeda intake and the X-Calibrator on my mustang. It was quite a quick task and took much shorter time to reprogram my mustang than it took to run the program on the superchip for my truck. The power is definately noticable and the engine sounds a lot meaner at open throttle. Although i have no basis for comparison, i would recommend the SCT with the Steeda Intake. I mean, come on, 26 rear wheel HP for about 600 bucks...I am satisfied
Old 02-24-2005, 01:31 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i am assuming you are referring to the SCT. Yeah man, it is easy as hell to use. You plug it into the port underneath the left hand side of the dash, select which "PROGRAM" button you want, turn the ignition on, and it automatically saves your stock program and reflashes it with the new program. I had Steeda add another program already that consists of headers, exhaust, x-pipe, underdrive pulleys, and 3.73's so when i get those parts (shortly), all i have to do is plug SCT back in and choose the other program...

the next time i send it back will be to calibrate the last slot for my supercharger[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 02-25-2005, 12:11 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

btw what the heck is a Charge Motion Plate Kit (IMRC Deletes)? they are saying it adds 10hp... hummm
Charge Motion Plates are already on your car. They bolt between the intake and heads. The stock ones have flappers in each intake port that close off air under low to mid throttle. Under full throttle they open up completely. The ones Steeda sells have no flappers in the ports. They are straight through. They give you about 10 Hp in the low to mid RPM range but marginal at full throttle because the stock ports are open wide then.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:19 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

humm.. thanks for the info td1320.. it always helps to have my mustang to see what your talking about.hahah anyway, I just like most people want to find the best and easiest path to beef up the stang. 1K is alot and could be help full towards an SC.. or..... twin turbos!! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

humm.. thanks for the info td1320.. it always helps to have my mustang to see what your talking about.hahah anyway, I just like most people want to find the best and easiest path to beef up the stang. 1K is alot and could be help full towards an SC.. or..... twin turbos!! [sm=gears.gif]
But the flash program and the pullys will help the S/C not to mention the gear change. I wouldn't consider it mis-spent money.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

Anyone tried the DiabloSport Predator? It lools better than the x-calibrator because it can record and has a diplay. I'm just wondering if it has all the features of the x-calibrator.
It is also cheaper if you were planning on buying x-calibrator with the PC cable.
Personally I'm going to get the Predator. They are coming out with the V6 model in about a month and I'm not sure what the X-calibrator will do but the Predator seems to be able to do more. You can play with your fuel and gear ratios, turn off the rev and speed limiters as well as the Traction Control if you want and the preprogramed settings already get rid of the delay in the throttle control. You can also adjust for different size tires so your speedo is right if you get different size wheels or tires. And I don't know if it matters ot you but you can also check other Ford cars diagnostics and turn off engine lights and stuff you just can't tune them.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:54 PM
FireMedic90

[/quote]
You can play with your fuel and gear ratios, turn off the rev and speed limiters as well as the Traction Control if you want and the preprogramed settings already get rid of the delay in the throttle control. You can also adjust for different size tires so your speedo is right if you get different size wheels or tires. [/quote]

Should I take this to mean that you cant do these things with the SCT?

Old 03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

I think you can but the Predator has a on unit screen where with the X-Calibrator you have do buy a $40 cable and do it on your computer and download it to the X and then download it your car. plus (and I don't think you can do this with the X but I'm not positve)since the Predator has a screen it be used to check your car while your in it and do programming while your sitting in the drivers seat and it will let you use the diagnostic features on any Ford with OSB-II engines. this means you can check codes and reset engine trouble lights on any Ford you can plug into

Quick Reply: SCT XCalibrator