Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 GT beats Shelby GT500 in drag

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: '07 GT beats Shelby GT500 in drag

Nice kill!
Obviously we all know about what a stock GT500 can put down, so the driver needs experience with the car, but we have all been there with our cars.
I applaud him for getting out there and putting his Shelby through its paces though, good to see those at the track.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BADD05
Ignore that guy Jack! I would love to come to the track I am dying to watch you guys go at it! But I wouldn't be racing mine. For now mine is just for show and some street action, but with my 20's on there with the low profile tires, not for the track. But I really want to come see you guys! For sure next year I want you guys to let me know a date and I will organize a club meet at Milan and we should be able to get at least a dozen cars out there. Give me like 2 months advance notice and I will get the sign up sheets going and put it in the newsletter! We can make it an annual event! I also have been trying to get us to do a show at the Speed Shops on Gratiot, but we are having trouble with Dunhams out there. But I will keep you posted, trying to get some stuff going on the East side!
I am ignoring him Mike. I won't even comment on him.

Your ideas about a track meet at Milan sound great. I normally wouldn't want to drive that far but if the club does it I'll be there. And Mike, thanks for thinking about us East-siders with a Speed Shops show.
ORIGINAL: 7STANG

ORIGINAL: nothsa

With times that bad he could've missed a shift easily. I don't understand why you would come and brag about it when it is obviously driver error... A lot of reasons he could've ran that time all resulting in an unexperienced driver. Maybe no traction?

Thanks for the pointless thread.
Nothsa, why would you even write that. I dont think Jack was bragging in any way, he was just sharing a story. I think the only pointless thing here is your comments. If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it all.
John I guess you figured out what I meant.

Thanks to everyone who had constructive, civil comments. I think it was an interesting thread with little animosity considering the contoversial subject matter.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Nice kill, I love to read stories like this bad driver or not.....Dont take Nothsa personal he's done the same pintless bs in my threads as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I had the same thing happen to me on a test and tune night. It was my first night with drag radials and I was trying to figure out launching technique with them. A guy with a GT500 lined up against me, I ran a 13.5 and I beat him. I couldn't figure it out until I talked to the guy in the pits. The driver wasn't the owner. The owner was pissed that his car got beat so he proceeded to line up against me in the next round and kill me. I ran another 13.5 to his 12.3.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
martimus

Nice win! This is a good example of how racing is as much a competition between drivers as it is vehicles.

Readingabout "David versus Goliath" races is always cool... One of my favorites is when my buddy Fazm takes his turbocharged Mustang V6 to the track andstomps modded Mustang GT's and GT500's! It just goes to prove that the combination of driving skill and the right mod's together help to make a winning combination...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06VistaBlueGT

I had the same thing happen to me on a test and tune night. It was my first night with drag radials and I was trying to figure out launching technique with them. A guy with a GT500 lined up against me, I ran a 13.5 and I beat him. I couldn't figure it out until I talked to the guy in the pits. The driver wasn't the owner. The owner was pissed that his car got beat so he proceeded to line up against me in the next round and kill me. I ran another 13.5 to his 12.3.
Its hard to believe that there could be that much difference from one driver to another but after my encounter I do.