Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sc reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sc reliable?

Have it tuned locally. Supplied tunes might not be the best for every car as every car is different ...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JaysFreaky

All you guys with SCs....

Did you use the tune that came from your dealer, or did you go to a local shop and have it dyno tuned?
I used brenspeeds stage 3 tune and I am really happy with it. I hit 430 rwhp, Next week when Iswap out my headers and hpipe and change to synthetic oil shouldput me around 450rwhp, anymore then that and I would start to get worried.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Did you use the tune that came from your dealer, or did you go to a local shop and have it dyno tuned?
no did not nor would i use the saleen tune...i also had major issues with JDM' canned tuned....so I went to VMP (should have in the first place) and had it tuned//
Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

no did not nor would i use the saleen tune...i also had major issues with JDM' canned tuned....so I went to VMP (should have in the first place) and had it tuned//
What kind of issues did you have with the JDM tune? I used the stage 1 and stage 3 tune from brenspeed and had no issues with either one. Brent worked with me to get my air/fuel right.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sevenleaf

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

What kind of issues did you have with the JDM tune? I used the stage 1 and stage 3 tune from brenspeed and had no issues with either one. Brent worked with me to get my air/fuel right.
vss code errors...jim kept denying it was their tune insisting it was the install....after weeks of arguing, others with the same year stangs with auto trannies were having the same issues..he then acknowledged there tune was faulty and he offered me another tune...by that time I was pissed and went with Justin at VMP and very glad I did...I even asked for some sort of break on the price...he insisted the new tune he sent me was fine..I advised him I could not wait for them to fix it and had a custom tune done..he pleaded to try his tune...so I did and the same issue...he insisted it could not have been as the others were fixed...I was not about to play merry go round with them yet again..so I chalked it up as a $175 loss and will never buy from JDM again...now Brent at Brenspeed is awesome...you should be very happy with his tunes....I am very happy with Justins at VMP custom tune...A/F is spot on...everything perfect....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I hear nothing from the whipple unless I put my ear on it. the 38lb injectors drown out any noise it makes at idle. I don't hear the whine unless the bypass valve closes.

ORIGINAL: sevenleaf

I don't understand how anyone can say even if your not in boost, thatyou don't hear a whine the engine makes even with the slightest of pressing. I don't know about you guys. Look at all the people who add a tune and cai and say oh my god its awesome. Well take that and add a lot more, thats how I feel with my supercharger. If you open the hood I can hear the twin screws spinning away. And after adding the saleen inlet tube i can actually hear the airbeing pulledinto my steeda cai.When I tap my gas my car goes, before it took a second before the car got enough power to actually go 'throttle lag'

I finally let my fiance drive my car after she rented a mustang when she had to drive out of town. Her words were wow the car justs wants to go fast. She said it was extremely different then the car she just rented. I guess for the people who don't know they have a supercharger have simply gotten used to it.

of course i only mean those with the saleen sc.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Tomorrow is the day, going to order the Brenspeed Stage 1 or 2 kit for now (trying to get 400 rwhp..my elevation is 3000 ft, so Ill probably need the Stg 2) and get her installed by next week.
Daily driver, in all weather conditions, so its going to be interesting to see how the tune works. Probably get him to make me 2 tunes, the 2nd with a much more gradual throttle rate.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

still using the whipple tune. It has worked flawlessly and I see no reason to mess with it. I'm glad I didn't get a more aggressive dyno tune because I pulled my fuse for my intercooler pump while I was setting up my Aeroforce gauge(pump runs when key is on). Well needless to say i left the fuse sitting on top of the fusebox and drove to and from work with a few WOT runs. Had to go out and buy some normal size fuses as all I have is minis. Luckily i'm only running an 8lb pulley on my whipple HO kit. If I had it tuned for max HP it might have detonated.