Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Mustang!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:17 AM
AlecD

Default My First Mustang!!!!!!!

Ok, I've been watching this forum for about 3 weeks now and I've learned alot from it, thank you all for the information you post it has helped me out big time. I ordered a 2005 Mustang GT, mineral gray, IUP, on 2/28/2005. i went to the dealership the week before and they wanted 2 grand over sticker to even order the vehicle (I of course said no and told them that with me ordering they don't need to pay the insurance for it being on their lot and they don't need to work hard to sell it cause it's already sold). Luckly the salesperson (I actually had 2 of them helping me cause i talked to 1 of them via e-mail but he wasn't aloud to sell cars cause he's just the internet guy) was wanting to sell me the car. They were both mad at the sales manager for not letting me order the Mustang i wanted at MSRP. They both told me not to go to another dealership and that they would call me in a few days and promised me good news. I doubted them of course but i went to Vegas on a vacation so of course I didn't go to another dealership. They called me a day later and said the sales manager did some research and found out that other dealerships in the area were selling ordered Mustangs at MSRP so she aloud it. If anybody else has a good dealership story post them here I'm kinda wondering if anybody else had the issue I did. Also I will update you all on the progress of my order. The salesman I ordered my Mustang through is very knowledgable and told me he would call me whenever he gets information (he said he'd call on Friday and let me know if my car was pulled).
Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My First Mustang!!!!!!!

well I wouldnt necessarily call that a "good" dealership story..... you more or less got backed into paying MSRP by scaring you with MSRP overages.... thats bullsh*t. You should have complained to head office

I'm not saying this to put your experience down... you paid MSRP so at least you didn't get completely ripped off.... I just dont see that as a good experience because they were trying to put one over on you.... and everyone in that dealership was in on that one....tricky bast*rds
Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 PM
AlecD

oh it definately wasn't a good experience and this will be the first car that i'm paying MSRP for. the problem is i checked with all the dealerships on the west side of my town and none of them will even think about going below MSRP. this will be the first (and last) vehicle that i buy at MSRP.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

AlecD, check your PM / Inbox!

Dave...