Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Default RE: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

We offer and install OE xenon projectors as well, so yes you can do the whole setup that. The cost is a hurdle for some people, and unless you DIY it, finding a reputable company to do the work for you is also an issue for people. Personally, I can tell you that the schedule for our retrofitting services are booked months in advance by deposit.
However, if ANYONE is willing to supply their headlamps to have a true DIY projector retrofit kit built from a prototpe up, we are willing to do that for the cost of materials only. This would essentially be a "DIY retrofit for Dummies" kit (meant in the nicest way possible, just riding on the book series title!) that would have just about every single thing necessary but the Dremel and hands todo it.

I do agree with you that most HID kits do have pretty crappy results, but that is also a majority where the kits are inexpesive junk with very poor precision in the build of the bulbs. What can one really expect from kits selling on ebay for as little as $70? There are plenty of H13 DIGITAL kit owners on here that can personally tell you how the cut-off may look. People are still going to buy kits, you can't stop them from that, but at least we can promise thema kit with the highest level of reliabilty and most precise beam patterns available.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
txturbogs

Now if I could just remove my whole assemly, that would be cool. Definately, if you do have a spare assembly, it would be wise to make a prototype. I know a lot of people resist HID's cause they are usually associated with ricers and imports, but they light up the road way better than halogen, and if done in the right manner, do not blind people and people would buy them.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I installed these on my 07 Mustang, and you will NEED that bulb shield. Other than that, and making sure you have your headlights adjusted, I do not see a problem with this kit. Installed very easily and the bi-xenon works like it should.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:30 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Someone send me the price for their kit H13 bulbs with the shield or ceramic paint on the bulb tip for the group buy? I'm comparing prices...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 AM
JudgeThis
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChiDiddy

Aftermarket HID kits in general are illegal. I dont see why cops will give you trouble for HID in fogs, they are pointed way to the ground anyways.
No they are not. Gotta keep up w/ the laws, dude.

I have 35w HIDs in my GTO, and would love to relocate them to my fogs, and move to a 55w Kit for my low beams (h9) and get a 55w bi h13 kit for the msutang.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

The holidays are almost here, so there are not many days left to grab the special prices...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Hey a fellow mustang/goat owner
Old 12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Irecently installedsome HID conversion kits on both my Stang and my 02 HD. It was the worst mod I ever performed. They weren't the $70 ebay kits, I paid over $200 each kit. The glare was horrible and I had a dead spot in front of both vehicles, and yes they were properly aimed. After 3 days I took them off and went back to stock. I really wish I hadn't spent the money because now I'm just going to doa complete retro. At least I can still use the ballast and harness.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

So you had bad luck with a completely different product and so we should all surmise that aftermarket HID kits are bad? Or were you merely stating that you had trouble with HID's in the past, so buyer beware?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

So you had bad luck with a completely different product and so we should all surmise that aftermarket HID kits are bad? Or were you merely stating that you had trouble with HID's in the past, so buyer beware?
I'm not blasting the product, I'm just saying I wasn't happy with the results of the conversion, and have heard the same from quite a few others. Just giving a heads up, if you have any kind of reservations you might look into doing a retrofit instead, although it costs a bit more you will be happier in the long run.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit