Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Default RE: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

haha
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Hmm.. you would not be talking about the VVME ones would you?
They are well known to not work out of the box number one as high as 15% DOA, number two how high is that percentage ayear later?, number three they make you pay $35 to replace a part under warranty, number four how precise is the beam pattern, number five are these el cheapolow beam only? I would not expect much from a el cheapo kit that consists of $12 pairs of ballasts.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Hey i pm'ed you retro
Old 11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RetroSolutions

Hmm.. you would not be talking about the VVME ones would you?
They are well known to not work out of the box number one as high as 15% DOA, number two how high is that percentage ayear later?, number three they make you pay $35 to replace a part under warranty, number four how precise is the beam pattern, number five are these el cheapolow beam only? I would not expect much from a el cheapo kit that consists of $12 pairs of ballasts.
quote:

Our exclusive 55 watt high-output DIGITAL ballasts will offer 30-40% more light than the standard 35watt setup. Ballasts are 100% digitally controlled, extremely high efficiency, waterproof, require under 2A of current, and very low starting current for flawless plug and play operation! Bulbs are rated at 3500 hrs., with the least variance available on the market, all within +/- 100 lm and +/- 200K CCT

All items are brand new and come with 2 DIGITAL waterproof 55 watt ballasts, 2 55 watt bulbs, mounting brackets, adaptors, and a LIFETIME WARRANTY all in an attractive metal case! CE and UL safety listed, ISO registered manufacturing, E4 mark.

that seals the deal I need one of those....
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

Yes, that is an authorized retailer through us as well, same exact product, etc. They all come shipped super safe inthe metal cases.He only carries the low beam only version for the H13 though.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

I take that back, he does, or did have one bixenon H/L from us, in fact that is the one pictured
Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

thats my pic.....
Old 12-01-2007, 11:20 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hugh boobas

When I'm not trolling car forums, I hide my adam's apple while my boyfriend drills me hard from behind.
I bought $75 HID for my jaguar a year ago. Worked awesome and perfect white color. These other options are a gimmick to swindle more money.

Quite sad actually....
Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Retrosolutions
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

I bought $75 HID for my jaguar a year ago. Worked awesome and perfect white color. These other options are a gimmick to swindle more money.

Quite sad actually....
Really, because ours cost 6x the amount to manufacturer, and we do not share the over 15% failure rate as those el cheapo kits. When the el cheapo kits fail straight out of the box, the customer has to pay for the replacement if they even respond to warranty claims. And they only offer a 13 month warranty at best, way to stand behind their quality, if they were really as great as they pretend to be, why not offer a legitimate lifetime warranty like we do?
How about those people that get screwed by recieving nothing at all, or maybe just a instruction booklet, or an empty box?

Here are a few reviews of the wonderful el cheapo kits from the past few days:
"yea i just gone mine today .. plugged that **** in .. and BOOM .... light died on me
kept flickering ... one stays on .. one flickers and dies ...

=*** \\ .. stay away from vvme ..

hoping to fix that bitch tomro .. switching the wires .. and the ballast .. crossing fingers .."

"Just a warning. Those VVME, or whatever they are called are horrible. Both the ballast died in less than a couple days. They cost 35+ bucks to get a replacement from China. Get a better kit. I got a klight HID kit with slim ballast, and it is much better. The company ships from CHINA, and all exchanges for defective parts cost you 35 dollars. I have spent close to 150 to get this kit to work, and waited almost 3 months. Part after part keeps failing. To date here is what doesn't work

2 ballasts
1 4300K bulb

and the one ballast that is working after paying 35 bucks is flickering. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY"

"So its been over 1wk and VVME hasn't responded to my friend about his one dead ballast. I'm quesitonioning whether its worth it now to get a set for my fogs to compliment my lowbeams... "

"I am glad to see that everyones kits are working good.. I wish I could of said the same haha. Mine ****ted out on me after a day so I got beat for 100 bucks.. Ill be ordering another kit from retro-solutions soon ill post pics"

"Buddy ordered a set for his P5; installed it.. driver side flickered after 1 day; then died. He emailed VVME and they haven't responded to him - it's been 2 days so we'll see how it pans out."

That is just a few, there are plenty more with mismatched bulbs and dead ballasts.

If they were really that great we'd offer them as well, but since we offer quality there is no point to dealing with the hassles of constant warranty claims the manufacturer would not even cover.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
txturbogs

Retrosolutions, so your kit is basically the ballast and bulbs? No projectors? All the HID kits I have seen out there that are just put without projectors in the stock light housing, look like crap and blind people. The light is all over and have no cut-off. I would be interested to know if you make a complete light assembly that would include projectors, ballasts, etc.

I just purchased a sleek headlight kit for my RX and they came with Hella halogen projectors, but I am changing them for a set of HID projectors, expensive, yes, but legal and have a nice clean look of OEM HID's.

Anyone here with the OEM mustang HID? for the 08 or the Cobra? I havent seen any 08's or Cobras in my town.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit