Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit

Compare Ford Dude's picture of his headlight to mines above. Mine doesnt have the shield, he does.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

I was being harsh before. The whole sheild thing makes me understand the whole blinding thing. I retract my negative statement.

I however want to see how you guys make out with your bulbs. I do not want to blind anyone if I get a set.

FYI: my 07 does not have the sheild, it has a black tip on the bulb witch looks like paint.

The fogs have some metal sheilding around the bulbs. It looks like they are part of the bulb.

I am looking at the 4300 series as they look like they are closer to the stock color. Any better match for the white/amber stock look with a bit more punch?

Or should I just look for higher capacity stockers?

You guys shead a whole new light on the subject (Pardon the pun)
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaguarking11

I was being harsh before. The whole sheild thing makes me understand the whole blinding thing. I retract my negative statement.

I however want to see how you guys make out with your bulbs. I do not want to blind anyone if I get a set.

FYI: my 07 does not have the sheild, it has a black tip on the bulb witch looks like paint.

The fogs have some metal sheilding around the bulbs. It looks like they are part of the bulb.

I am looking at the 4300 series as they look like they are closer to the stock color. Any better match for the white/amber stock look with a bit more punch?

Or should I just look for higher capacity stockers?

You guys shead a whole new light on the subject (Pardon the pun)
The black shield doesnt really help with HID. I tried some HID in my stock housing that had the black shield and the cutoff looked ok but there was two stray beams per light. These were lighting up tops of trees when I was driving.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:08 AM
tube
2nd Gear Member

the bottom line is... get a true hid retrofit.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:43 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Who gives a rat *** about blinding people. Your blinding them for what maybe 4 seconds. At least they see you. How many times in life do we get blinded by high beams, its not the end of the world when we do.I personally dont think I'm blinding anyone, alot of people that say you blind them will say that, with any HID kit, or FACTORY car with HID's. There eyes are jacked, and cant see worth a crap anyways.

I know I need glasses so having the HID's on my car made a good difference, here are a couple pics of the 8k kit. although its not the same kit. I have the one from stangmods, and I pade about 250.00 for mine, so if you get them for about less then 200, your getting a good deal.

Another thing is...Dont buy them for your fogs, get a nice hyper white sylvania or something for the fogs. Spend the money on another coolmod.Cause if you get pulled over you can always say the car came with factory HID's, and if you have them in the fogs, they know you changed something cause who from the factory puts HID's in the fogs, and if your sporting HID's and the HID's fog, you probably are some ricer,and if you get a ticket for your reg HID's go to court and show the judge a 08 spec sheet with the HID option. Tell him you went to the dealer and they had no 05-07 spec sheets but the cars are the same. [8D]Here are a couple pics of my 07 with 8k HID's from Stangmods.

And with my extra money I save I bought this, and now do this.....[8D]

and sport this.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Nice advice? Telling people to lie to a judge.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
schapman
4th Gear Member

correct! thats why I install the 2008 HIDs in my car

ORIGINAL: tube

the bottom line is... get a true hid retrofit.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Wow, now I'm not sure whether to go HID or not. Damn.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

SO, If your car has the little black shield that covers the tip of the bulb (like my 2006 does), the glare thing is not so much of a problem - right?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

Who gives a rat *** about blinding people. Your blinding them for what maybe 4 seconds. At least they see you.
Umm, not everybody is a self absorbed jerk like you. Some people actually care about other people. Countless times over the course of my professional driving career i've been in situations where I was blinded by oncoming cars on two lane roads, or by cars coming up on the side of me with their high intensity lights. Remeber the large mirrors on the side of trucks? Yeah, well blind me with those mirrors and you have an 80,000lb rolling disaster beside you. I almost ran someone off the road one night on some 55mph country road as they were passing me, because I was so blinded there lights that I almost missed the 35mph curve ahead us. People like you don't belong on the road because you have no courtesy for other drivers.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Retro-Solutions Digital 55W BIXenon HID kit