Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It was bound to happen....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: It was bound to happen....

I'm a Police Officer, yeap your right on, he was bored. Oh and there is no quota! If it was a CHP/Chippy then 11 MPH is generally the rule.My own personal rule is the Driver's attitude will determine if I decide to give a citation or not.Genrally speaking the attitude wins amost always..and I say I'll be right back with your citation!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I got pulled over the other night going 55 in a 35. Luckily I was still in my uniform (military) and the cop was like, "Man you need to slow down, your going to get yourself pulled over by a cop that doesn't care that you're in the military." So I just said "I understood and he let me off. I was relieved. I couldn't afford that $300 ticket...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure it was your demeanor more than the Uniform, that gave you an edge.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:47 AM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

There is no more to the story, I was on the 76 coming off a overpass down a hill, to go buy the last few things for Thanksgiving Dinner, actually had my mom in the car who is also my insurance agent, and thank goodness for that, because on top of my 69 miles per hour, I did not have a current insurance card. Pretty bad when a 42 year old woman has to haveher Mom vouch for her. So at least on the upside I was only sited for the speeding. I may have to get that book, and try to work some magic on the judge.
Here is a funny side note, I also have tinted windows all the way around, so as I am pulling over I am of course rolling down the windows, as the cop is coming back with my ticket my Mom in all of her helpfulness is telling me, if you roll up your window you could here him better, in my best I am not listening to you tone to my Mom I say " I am not rolling my windows up" and she looks at me. After he leaves I explained that my windows are not legal and I was trying to avoid a even larger ticket. Holy cow, what a day. I was going to try to use a professional courtesy, I am a nurse, but that doesn't work with cops like it used to.Thank you everyone for your help.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:28 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I think here in CA they try to balance the budget off tickets...I can tell you that not coming to a complete stop before making a right turn at a red light is $385. (plus $28 if you want go to traffic school) I've had good luck going with the Trial by Declaration. You pay the fine which your money goes into an escrow acct, then you submit your case in writing to the judge, the officer has to respond as well and answer your complaint, the judge then reviews and decides your case. Twice I got out of the violation. Then they refund your money if you win. Worth a try...good luck.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Ive got a ticket for 74 in a 55, and i thought it was a construction area, it said the price on the back and it was 86$, i mailed in a check and it was overwith. none the less its the only 2 pts i have on my license. -Jon
Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Mark25
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't get too excited over this one...at least it's not "reckless" (exceeding 20 MPH over the limit or over 80MPH)...if that were the case, then get a lawyer...can cost about $500...but your charge will be end being reduced to something likedefective operating equipment which is considered anon-moving violation (will save your insurance and no points).
Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I wouldnt mind paying the fee, its just the <25 years old insurance boost if you get one......so I drive like 5 over everywhere, unless its a 30, where i do 40ish. Whats the deal with passing? lets say you have to pass someone, but in the process of doing that, you speed....can they get you on radar at get you for speeding?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:08 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

my step-dad always says not-guilty. police officers cannot be paid top appear in court. so unless it is their actual work time, they dont show up most always over a ****ty ticket like that one. so the judge HAS to throw it out, and let you go. If you say not guilty, you have a 80% chance that the cop will be a no show, and your ticket never happened
Old 11-22-2007, 12:25 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

They tell you how much and you can pay it right there on the spot in AR.