Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe VS. Premium

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Deluxe VS. Premium

The only difference between a Deluxe with Leather / IUP and a Premium / IUP is the the Stereo.

Does amyone know what dash a base Premium has? Is it silver? Is it different from the one that is included with IUP?

Its my understanding they both come plastic steering wheel andblack plastic shifter.

You must order eitherDOP (Drivers Ornamentation Package $195),SAP, or IUP to get the leather wheel and shifter.

On the 2008 onlythe IUP comes with theSatin Aluminum Applique or Woven CharcoalAluminum Applique w/ Ribbed Look.
I believein previous yearsthe Woven Charcoal could be gotten with SAP.

Also on the 2008 you cant get 3.55 on Deluxe.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gene K

The only difference between a Deluxe with Leather / IUP and a Premium / IUP is the the Stereo.

Does amyone know what dash a base Premium has? Is it silver? Is it different from the one that is included with IUP?

Its my understanding they both come plastic steering wheel andblack plastic shifter.

You must order eitherDOP (Drivers Ornamentation Package $195),SAP, or IUP to get the leather wheel and shifter.

On the 2008 onlythe IUP comes with theSatin Aluminum Applique or Woven CharcoalAluminum Applique w/ Ribbed Look.
I believein previous yearsthe Woven Charcoal could be gotten with SAP.

Also on the 2008 you cant get 3.55 on Deluxe.

The leather wheel and satin panels come in the interior upgrade pkg for a charge of $460 as stated on my sticker.

Then, there is the comfort group for heated seats for another $575.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

i have a premium with cloth... did they dealership install the premium stuff there or is cloth a option?

No. the leather is standard as is the shaker 500. The satin trim and leather wheel are options on the premium.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Does anyone know what dash a base Premium has? Is it silver? Is it different from the one that is included with IUP?

The leather wheel and satin panels come in the interior upgrade pkg for a charge of $460 as stated on my sticker.

Thanks! Thatswhat I thought. People keep talking about the aluminum dashapplique like its part of the Premium
instead of IUP (which is also available on the Deluxe).

So the only difference isLeather Seats and Shaker 500 in thePremium (Both of which can be gotten in a Deluxe).

I just tell everyone a GT-D is the modern day equivalent of theLX 5.0. 3348 lb (2007) shipping weight with spoiler delete.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

i have a premium with cloth... did they dealership install the premium stuff there or is cloth a option?

No. the leather is standard as is the shaker 500. The satin trim and leather wheel are options on the premium.
Sounds like a Deluxe with IUP and Shaker500 options.
I looked at one like that. No 3.55 was a deal killer.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Not a huge difference between the 2 gears, and I didn't give it much thought one way or the other. Our GT is a long distance daily driver (75 miles) and the 3.31 gives us surprising fuel economy. Even better than some 6 bangers from what I have read on here. I was pleased with the power it had during the test drive, so we sprung for it.

Sounds like a Deluxe with IUP and Shaker500 options.
I looked at one like that. No 3.55 was a deal killer.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Does anyone know what dash a base Premium has? Is it silver? Is it different from the one that is included with IUP?

Thanks! Thatswhat I thought. People keep talking about the aluminum dashapplique like its part of the Premium
instead of IUP (which is also available on the Deluxe).

So the only difference isLeather Seats and Shaker 500 in thePremium (Both of which can be gotten in a Deluxe).

I just tell everyone a GT-D is the modern day equivalent of theLX 5.0. 3348 lb (2007) shipping weight with spoiler delete.

But then it mushrooms out from there. You can opt for the heated seats with the Premo. I really enjoy them. The driver's seat has the inflatable lumbar support, and when heated, it really puts down the BTU's on the small of my back. Feels good when it is all stiff first thing in the morning.