Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda or BMR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Steeda or BMR?

I know both setups, and Tacobill is a great person and has done wonders for the forums but his car is not anything like the DD that modaddict has. My setup is nothing close to it either but my BMR does fine. Steeda does have fine products and the sway is 160 more than a BMR sway.....It has to be better for that price difference, how much better i do not know.

If you are pushing any power at all (450+) I would trust modaddicts recommendation
Old 12-06-2007, 07:47 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: modaddict

You apparently are not familiar with Taco Bill are you? I would trust his recommendation. It is mostly the end links he is recommending over the BMR, not the bar itself.

Please name a single person who has snapped the end links with either brand? I made a comment about the panhard bar, not the rear sway bar. The fact is, the ultimate 'sway bar' in the rear is the BMR extreme anti roll bar. Everyone making over 600 rwhp has it on their car garunteed.

I know taco bill. I even met him and he's a nice guy and very informative. However, his car is nowhere near the level of breaking crap to know what's stronger.

I've broken just about every stock part in the car minus the windows. I've cracked the bushings in the steeda LCA's twice. I've ripped a part 2 stock differentials and snapped a tru track and destroyed 2 sets of gears.

I make almost 800 ftq on my car so have an idea of what can take punishment and what can't. Steeda is junk for stress...period. However, I've never had an issue with steeda panhard bar which I've had on my car for over 2 years...

Bill knows his stuff, there's no doubt about that and he is a really nice guy. However, until you break something, you really don't know how strong it is...
So you are handling 800 ftq with a true track? 800tq you should be talking about the locker and not a true-track. I have seen way to many true-tracs break after 650.

Andrew
Old 12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

If you are serious about road racing, go with Maximum motorsports recomendations.

If you are very serious about corner carving, go with Griggs stuff.

I also have heard BMR = drag and Steeda = handling. But then again, I probably heard this from one of you guys so who knows. For the average Joe who wants better than stock, almost anything is better than stock.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

You apparently are not familiar with Taco Bill are you? I would trust his recommendation. It is mostly the end links he is recommending over the BMR, not the bar itself.

Please name a single person who has snapped the end links with either brand? I made a comment about the panhard bar, not the rear sway bar. The fact is, the ultimate 'sway bar' in the rear is the BMR extreme anti roll bar. Everyone making over 600 rwhp has it on their car garunteed.

I know taco bill. I even met him and he's a nice guy and very informative. However, his car is nowhere near the level of breaking crap to know what's stronger.

I've broken just about every stock part in the car minus the windows. I've cracked the bushings in the steeda LCA's twice. I've ripped a part 2 stock differentials and snapped a tru track and destroyed 2 sets of gears.

I make almost 800 ftq on my car so have an idea of what can take punishment and what can't. Steeda is junk for stress...period. However, I've never had an issue with steeda panhard bar which I've had on my car for over 2 years...

Bill knows his stuff, there's no doubt about that and he is a really nice guy. However, until you break something, you really don't know how strong it is...
So you are handling 800 ftq with a true track? 800tq you should be talking about the locker and not a true-track. I have seen way to many true-tracs break after 650.

Andrew
Nope. As I said, I snapped the tru trak and you are right - at about 650 is where I had problems with it. I've had a locker in the car for awhile.

To sherwood - of course I have a problem with steeda...lol I've broken their suspension parts on several occasions so that's enough to make me not like certain parts from them. I don't know of ANYONE who has snapped the steeda or BMR sway bar so I would think the savings of the BMR would be a no brainer. Like I said, no sway bar is going to hook for big torque. if you get in the big torque numbers, you need the BMR extreme anti roll bar or you can kiss hooking up goodbye.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I still have no idea how I bent my stock panhard rod -.-

Andrew
Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Did you hit a pothole or go through a dip hard? or did it happen at the track?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Did you hit a pothole or go through a dip hard? or did it happen at the track?
Dont think so and I think a pot hole to bend my panhard would had eaten my rims alive.

Andrew