Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How methodical are you at washing your s197?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How methodical are you at washing your s197?

I'm more **** about detailing vehicles than anyone you probably know isn't a choice so I went with the next best thing. The first night my car came home, it was clayed and a full detail was done.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:13 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Why isn't there an option for psycho? That would be me! [sm=violent053.gif]

-Jeff
Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackout
Why isn't there an option for psycho? That would be me! [sm=violent053.gif]

-Jeff
Well is psychotic good enough for you?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:08 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Im like most of you on here Really **** about the washing). Alloy is almost as bad as black so if you dont stay on top of it, it gets out of hand pretty quick. I wash it once a week. First I start out vacuming it, Then I dampen a micro rag a wipe down the inside ( its usually not that dirty) Im really the only one thats in it... (the wife doesnt really care for it) after that I start on the outside using the seafoam bug spray to take off any of those pesky bug splats (this stuff is awesome by the way) . Then is a soapy bath panel by panel keeping the entire car wet the whole time ( saves on the water spots) and of course a nice drying off with the chamois (sp) Then I hang out in the shop for an hour or so watching for any water drips to dry off
Old 12-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

is the person who said 20 minutes joking?
It takes me 20 minutes just to start off by using the brush on the 4 rims. Then I gotta rinse the whole car and wash, getting all those hard-to-reach spots, like the running boards... Usually takes 2+ hours just to wash and dry. I think the quickest I ever did it was 1 1/2 hours. Over half the time is spent drying the many different surfaces. I wouldn't even try to use cleaner, polish and wax on the same day... not to mention claying!

That's why when I look at new cars one of the things that goes though my mind is "how hard is it going to be to dry this thing off?"
Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240
is the person who said 20 minutes joking?
It takes me 20 minutes just to start off by using the brush on the 4 rims. Then I gotta rinse the whole car and wash, getting all those hard-to-reach spots, like the running boards... Usually takes 2+ hours just to wash and dry. I think the quickest I ever did it was 1 1/2 hours. Over half the time is spent drying the many different surfaces. I wouldn't even try to use cleaner, polish and wax on the same day... not to mention claying!

That's why when I look at new cars one of the things that goes though my mind is "how hard is it going to be to dry this thing off?"
well I don't dry it
with the softener in the sprayer I don't get water spots
and I'll add a softener to the filter on the hose so I can get away from mr.clean
and I go for a 100mph hit to dry it off faster
Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

When I bought the stang my wash time on my vehicle was cut down significantly. I was washing my 07 Dodge QC and that took a good 3+ hrs to do right

Old 12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WPsharpshooter
When I bought the stang my wash time on my vehicle was cut down significantly. I was washing my 07 Dodge QC and that took a good 3+ hrs to do right
How do you wash the roof of that thing?
I have trouble washing the roof of my stang (do I just have short arms or something?)
Old 12-09-2007, 02:10 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Man, it was a real pain in the ***... I had a step ladder that I used to get to the sides of the roof, then I climbed up in the bed to wash the back of the roof, then I had to step on the back of the bed ( where the sliding rear window was at) and stretch out as far as I could to get to the front of the roof... and Im 6'3 and it was still a task to get it done.... Im glad Im not having to wash that bitch anymore
Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

During the summer or when i know it'll be nice it's usually atleast once a week, i spend about an hour or 2, but it hasn't been washed in almost two weeks because it's been to dam cold and the roads are a mess,[:@] but when I get my truck next week, i plan on doing a nice wash, wait till the roads sort of clear up then i'm going to have to slowly drive it down to the loccal place and go throught the touchless wash so the undercarrige gets clean. Then it wont even leave the driveway until mst of the sand is off of the road.

Quick Reply: How methodical are you at washing your s197?