Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Condensation forming inside windsheild, randomly the "ding" outta gas sound goes off randomly, and..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
mrcleanracer

Default Condensation forming inside windsheild, randomly the "ding" outta gas sound goes off randomly, and..

I currently have a few problems with my 2006 GT Convertible, Ive noticed recently that in the morning I have Condensation form on the inside of my windsheild, Also driving home last night randomly the "ding" sound came on indicating to me that I have "Low Fuel".. when I did not.. this morning I woke up to my cars amber lights randomly flashing? What's Going On?!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Condensation forming inside windsheild, randomly the "ding" outta gas sound goes off randomly, and..

(1) Is it cold where you are located?

(2) If so, do you always have the heater running in "Recirculate" mode?

That tends to allow moisture from your breath to accumulate inside. When the inside cools down, the air can't hold it all, so some of it condenses on any available cool surface. Mostly on the glass.

Another possible source of excessive moisture is a tiny leak in the heater core or evaporation of water from either a leak or snow/slush that you bring in on your footwear.

Afraid I can't help with the electrical problems though.

Norm
Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
mrcleanracer

Default RE: Condensation forming inside windsheild, randomly the "ding" outta gas sound goes off randomly, and..

yes currently where i'm located its cold, also my alarm went off randomly today, this is a completely bone stock GT.. no mods what so-ever. Also only about 8,000 miles on the clock. I did notice a tick noise outside when the heat is on does that have anything to do with this ?>
Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
allj
2nd Gear Member

Could be the leak on the passenger side that causes the smart junction box to go crazy. My issue was whenIr locked the car the head lights would come on and not shut off. The leak could be causing the condenstation. Is your floor board on the passenger side damp or wet?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Condensation forming inside windsheild, randomly the "ding" outta gas sound goes off randomly, a

There must be something damp inside of the car in order to create the condensation inside the car. Since it looks like you having a few electrical problems, I would guess that it's the the leak too. The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is located on the side of the passenger compartment under the dash. It it gets wet from that leak, it will cause various electrical malfunctions. Several people have had this same problem. Check the passengeer side carpet for water.