Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show vs. Go??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: Show vs. Go??

I'm all show for now. The go is coming up though.
For the go, I have my ole Cougar.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I'ma go person and thats all that really matters to me. The car looks better than just about everything on the road straight from the factory.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dferkler

I've had the attitude that if doesn't make my car go faster, I am not interested. I also like sneaking people who mistake my car for stock. Taking a look at some of the beautiful work that has been done to some of the members rides has got me thinking about changing my tune.

Would any "go" people trade some of their mods for more show?

Any "show" folks wishing they bought a S/C instead of a body kit, paint and wheels?

I am at the breaking point (literally) without getting forged internals and am either going to build a ***** out motor or dress my car up with some show goodies?

Thoughts?

At work, stores, friends and families homes, etc etc i always get people looking/staring at my car asking a zillion questions. only twice has anyone ever asked me if i race it, or how much horsepower it has. my sig does not show it's current state btw, it looks much better now.

my car can look good anywhere and everywhere, but there are only a few select times i can "go." and when you "go" you only impress about 2% of the people seeing you race down the road, the rest think "He will kill someone."

So, for me. SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I'm all go and NO show. In fact, car looks a lot worse now than before includingthe interior whichis gutted from seats on back. Definitely would not win a prize in the looks department
Old 12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

A ***** out motor is cheaper than you think for what you got. Build your block with forged internals. ~$5500 If you pay someone
Show with no go is posing IMHFO
So, based on your comment above, what is your car posing as?[8D]
Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 PM
HDFINDER47
1st Gear Member

It's a matter of personal preference as shown by all of the good responses above. Personally, I like subtle show and just enough go to make it fun to drive. I choose not to enter the "horespower race" since there are several 800 HP (plus) cars in my little town and there will ALWAYS be someone with something faster down the line. If you want to end up with both show and go, just priortize what mods are most important to you and go for it - and enjoy.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

I suppose all go would be a track car because most of you dont believe in street racing. i like to buy show mods then go mods, back and forth like that, keeps me balanced. you can never have too much go unlike too much show.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:42 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well since you already have alot of stuff done to it I would go for show. You got the GT for proformace and you got it now put a little show on it. Dont go with full body kit but just put a few dress ups on it then put some more in the motor. After you get the motor where you want it then you can put the rest of the dress on
Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

For me..the show..is what I am looking for...the stang is already fast for my "go" taste.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Show. The Stang is already fast enough for highway driving since I don't do track and street racing, is just plain stupid.

Quick Reply: Show vs. Go??