Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior and Exterior Protection

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:19 PM
tonylentini

Default Interior and Exterior Protection

My dealer is trying to sell me interior nad exterior automotive protection called VIP by Nassau technologies in Houston. It gives you a 5 year warranty on the paint against damage from fading, chalking, loss of gloss. The interior is supposed to guard against stains. And there is road hazard insurance on the 18-inch custom wheels and Perelli tires. Is this BS or worth it at $400?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Interior and Exterior Protection

that decision is up to you. I have known people who have made out on buying that and many more who lost 400$ signing up for it. I would not buy it. Keep your car waxed and don't be a slob you will be fine. The exterior protection is most likely just a wax. At our dealership (Nissan dealer with Auto Armour products) we spray carpet and carpeted seats with a silicon liquid that if applied properly (and that is rare even at our dealership) WILL actually do wonders protecting. We have spilled things on the carpet intentionally and seen that it beads up. And when let soak it wiped right out with our carpet cleaner which tends to get most stuff out pretty easily anyways. I'm sure you can find a product of similar nature at an auto store or walmart for much cheaper, you just don't get the warranty. I have never seen one person come back with a interior protection warranty complaint. So that either means it works or it's a waste of money because people don't complain anyways. Our paint protection uses two washes which one is an acidic formula which removes protectant chemicals that were placed on the car from shipping as well as other impurities from the elements and then we wash with a basic formula to neutralize the acidic formula and it also messes with other chemicals apparently.. I think it's all a crock. Wax does apply slightly better to the paints with these two step washes done to them but I would suggest simply washing a car with dish washing soap (even though that is not suggested by so many people) what it does is strip the chemicals that are on the car previously to protect, NOT the clear coat. If you do this and then apply wax it will bond, not create a haze after removal and will protect. I'm blathering.. what I mean to say is, I don't suggest wasting 400$.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:09 PM
tonylentini

Default RE: Interior and Exterior Protection

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply. I really, really appreciate it. I think I will cancel that option. Now, all I have to do is wait for my car to arrive. I ordered it Monday, March 14, and was told 6-12 weeks. I am betting on 12.