Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When "Posers" were cool

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: When "Posers" were cool

"Where's this kid live?" With me in the passenger seat, my dad blew him away!

That is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Reminds me of the movie, "Coupe DeVille", When Daniel Stern beats up the Guy for his Younger Brother.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Be Rad 13
1st Gear Member

Wow, I'm 28 and had NO IDEA there was an original Gone in 60 seconds! I've got to watch that sometime...
Old 01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

my mopar is pretty good - even in handling...well it was...had to raise it to fit the 4" side pipes...before i had it about as low as my friends iroc...i haven't exactly been in a car to scare the crap out of me like this particular one...we're talkin 500 ft. lbs of torque and around 400 hp at the crank...can light up the bfg's after already goin around 25....these cars weren't pooches...when i got it completely stock it ran right around a 5 second 0-60....that's with a 3 speed automatic (steep gears) a 3.23 rear end and the car weighs about 3800+ pounds...do some upgrading and you've got a BAD car...the handling won't ever be all that great - they do make the modern kits for chevys and fords tho. it's kinda hard to hide this car's power...i could've passed on the 440 fender decals and gone with a standard dual exhaust that's actually muffled....but where's the fun in that

back to posing...my mustang is a v6 andi could care less - it looks good, don't have too many complaints (have had quite a few electircal quirks), and it doesn't hurt my wallet too bad...i like the classy looking mustangs, so that's what i'm going for...i just wish the guy across town with an '04 SVT would stop wanting to race - obviously we all know who's going to win (not me lol)

[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/78520/91B643A2907745F58956DA1B763A3DF0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Even better.....
http://www.gonein60seconds.com/
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

The nostalgia and history in this thread makes this the best thread I have seen on MF. I love the old hot rodders. I grew up in the Detroit area, as did my Dad. His oldest sister (by 8 years) worked for the Chairman of Chrysler forever and she would get a new car every other year. My dad got to pick them out. Apparently there was a Police Interceptor of some kind (Chrysler or Plymouth) that my Dad got that way. I guess it was a real sleeper too. This would have been in the early 60's. He had some great stories.

He had a news paper clipping from 1964 or 65 that was a story about a police car that had taken off from his hiding spot (Jefferson in St Clair Shores Michigan) after a couple of cars that were racing. Apparently someone snuck up behind the car and chained the rear axle up to a light pole or something and when the cop squealed out of the parking lot he left his axle behind. There was a picture of the car in the street missing the rear-end.

My uncle said my Dad and his buddy's had something to do with it and it was my Dad and another guy who were racing. Which was a setup since they knew what had been done to the cop car. My Dad never admitted to anything. Though I did see the clipping several times stuck between the pages ofhis high school year book.

I will try and see if that clipping is around still and scan it in and post it.

I had a 76 Camero my uncle gave me in high school. I worked for an auto parts store and there was a local race track (Mt. Clemens Raceway). We supplied parts for on of the shop who worked on race cars. So they got me a 327 Long Block and build it over sized and with all forged internals, balanced and blueprinted with a Muncie Rock Crusher tranny and an Edlebrock High rise with dual holly dbl pumpers on it. It was stock suspension and worn out in that regard. So it was a bit scary in the curves but really fast. Kinda floated when you got over 100. Surprising I did not kill myself in it!

More HP than brains for sure!!!

GREAT THREAD! I gotta see if I can find that news clipping. My Dad passed away 3 years ago now so not sure I can find it! But I will post it if I can!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

That's Great Martin, I'm trying to find a photo I know I have, from 1965 or 66, of me and my buddies with a Chopped '32 Ford Coupe' with a 392 Hemi, that we all chipped in for.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Juban
1st Gear Member

i've really enjoed this post, and I think many of you guys will enjoy this website:

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/

November's edition of Car and Driver did a great article on their work.